We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ladies hockey tour easter weekend

Which Cardiff hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
plymouth
3 posts
Save Topic
ladies hockey tour easter weekend

Can you give us any advice on fun places to drink, eat and activities. Are there any events on this weekend? Thanksx

Cardiff
Level Contributor
73 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ladies hockey tour easter weekend

I don't think there is anything on the stadium this weekend, but this will not stop you having a great time in Cardiff. Every weekend gets busy. There are hundreds of places to go, but the area within the yard at the bottom of St Marys Street has several places to eat and drink and proves quite popular. Around the same area you have the usual suspects Walkabouts / Flares / Weatherspoons. However I have always had a better night at the top end of town, near the Hilton Hotel, you have Bar Cuba which is small but always good atmosphere. You also have a few other smart pubs including the one in the Hilton. What are you looking to do in the day (apart from the bars)? Are you looking for an activity?

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ladies hockey tour easter weekend

You might want to look at getting pampered at the St David's Hotel and spa (I think the spa is open to non-residents if you don't happen to be staying there).

Or you might want to try the Bay Island Voyages - these are high speed boat rides out into the Bristol Channel - fast and furious stuff.

www.bayisland.co.uk

See my other posting on 'Park Plaza hotel' for other suggestions of things to do in Cardiff.

plymouth
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ladies hockey tour easter weekend

Thanks for the tips. We are looking for day activities, active ones, like paintballing and stuff, can you suggest any? Thanks for this much appreciated.

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ladies hockey tour easter weekend

Perhaps your best bet is to try www.visitwales.info as you may need to head slightly out of Cardiff in the day for 'adventure' type activities on the water, in the hills etc.

It is a pretty good website for visitors setting out information on a range of things to do - I think you would find paintballing for example under the 'adventure' heading.

plymouth
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: ladies hockey tour easter weekend

Thanks you very much will take a look, we are all really looking foward to a mad weekend in cardiff. It sounds and looks brill! We heard something about a jongulers comedy club is this worth a visit? cheersx

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ladies hockey tour easter weekend

I've not been there myself and haven't heard any comments. Will post if I do though. there is also the Glee Club in Mermaid Quay.