We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any news on Doctor Who exhibition for summer 2012?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,127 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Any news on Doctor Who exhibition for summer 2012?

Hi, we are planning our June visit to the UK, and have set aside a day in our schedule for Doctor Who sights in Cardiff. Last summer there was news that Cardiff was building a permanent home for the Doctor Who Exhibition. Are those plans still on? We hope so...

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Any news on Doctor Who exhibition for summer 2012?

I'm off for a sneak preview today. Will feed back ( without giving any secrets away of course!)

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Any news on Doctor Who exhibition for summer 2012?

I'm off for a sneak preview today. Will feed back ( without giving any secrets away of course!)

london
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Any news on Doctor Who exhibition for summer 2012?

someone told me that this exhibition is basically the same the one that ran in London last year, with maybe a few bits added ... have you any idea if that's true?

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Any news on Doctor Who exhibition for summer 2012?

Having never seen the London one I won't be able to tell just by looking, but I will ask when I am there!

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Any news on Doctor Who exhibition for summer 2012?

Just came back. It was - well ok but after all the hype I was expecting something a bit more spectacular. However, I can't really judge as I am not particularly wild about Dr Who. Oh, and yes, it is essentially the London exhibition relocated to Cardiff. It is a lot cheaper than London though apparently - £38 for a family ticket, £9 for kids, £13 for adults.

london
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Any news on Doctor Who exhibition for summer 2012?

thanks for that ... seems like a trip to Cardiff isn't on the cards unless they change the exhibition

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Any news on Doctor Who exhibition for summer 2012?

Well if your sole purpose for coming to Cardiff is to visit the exhibition then I agree. The last thing Cardiff needs is for a batch of "rip-off" feedback reports based on the experience of the exhibition, resentful of the hype which had made people make a bee-line for it. Of course, if you set your visit in the context of the wider attractions of Cardiff and south Wales, and then make your own mind up on how important the exhibition is to your visit, then you will, like so many thousands, leave astounded at why no one had told you beforehand about this secret garden/treasure house/city beforehand, with its parks, castles, covered anitquarian arcades, hidden history, but also buzzing young happy go lucky atmosphere........

Edited: 17 July 2012, 21:44
Torquay, United...
Level Contributor
223 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Any news on Doctor Who exhibition for summer 2012?

We are coming to Cardiff this weekend and booked tickets for DR Who experience for Saturday.

Where is best place to park to go there please?

london
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Any news on Doctor Who exhibition for summer 2012?

true Jim, but I've been to south Wales several times before and the sole purpose of a visit to Cardiff would have been to take my obsessed daughter to Dr Who ... tbh I shall be relieved when the obsessions move onto another subject !!

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Any news on Doctor Who exhibition for summer 2012?

Ah! I know the feeling cazinatutu! - Just hope the next obsession is not with Faberge eggs! :-)

misablue - the best place to park is on the roadside pay and display parking near the Norwegian Church. Failing that there are various multi storey car parks and surface car parks dotted around the waterfront area - about 10-15 minutes walking distance from the exhibition. There is no parking at the exhbition itself.

Get answers to your questions about Cardiff