We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

closest place to park to millennium stadium for disabled

Cardiff, United...
9 posts
Save Topic
closest place to park to millennium stadium for disabled

we have booked to come a see the speedway on the 25/08/2012 and i am in a wheelchair so need to be as close as possile to the stadium . there are no more parking spaces at the stadium . so can anyone give me some ideas please thanks helen.

Wales
Level Contributor
2,333 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: closest place to park to millennium stadium for disabled

Westgate Street (x2) or Wood Street NCP car parks. www.ncp.co.uk.

Cardiff, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: closest place to park to millennium stadium for disabled

thank you so much for your help .

do you think if we got to one of these car parks by 10am that day we would be ok to find a space ? also can anyone tell me if curran road ( parkers car park ) is very far from the stadium in my wheelchair ? many thanks helen

Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Cardiff
Level Contributor
9,062 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: closest place to park to millennium stadium for disabled

Curran Embankment where I think the Parkers car park is is not all that close, and probably not great to get to in a wheelchair, you'd have to navigate around the station on some narrow pavements which will be very busy and across Penarth Road which is also pretty busy.

City Centre car parks are much closer and easier to get to - the Curran embankment probably better suited to people wanting to hotfoot it back to their car and beat the traffic heading to the motorway.

Do you know which entrance you need to go into the stadium by as that will make a difference to where is best to park? As the previous reply said the NCP car parks are literally across the road from various entrances. Also Cardiff rugby club car park at the North end of the stadium might be convenient.

Wales
Level Contributor
2,333 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: closest place to park to millennium stadium for disabled

Yes, I agree with the post above. I don't know whether the NCP car parks will still have space at 10am - all I can suggest is that you contact them to ask if there are any options to pre-book.

Otherwise, there will be park and ride services which will drop you closer to the Stadium than Curran Road, though not as close as the NCP car parks I mentioned. Keep an eye on the Council website (www.cardiff.gov.uk) for details nearer the time, and maybe you could email them to check your specific requirements can be catered for. I suggest you don't do this until after the Olympic football tournament matches have finished, i.e. after 10 August.

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
455 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: closest place to park to millennium stadium for disabled

Although the closest is Westgate Street, it is quite expensive and the lift is small. You mentioned 'we', so If you don't mind a longer, but flat journey, the car park in John Lewis may be better; the lifts are large and clean and the disabled spaces are roomy.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: closest place to park to millennium stadium for disabled

Hi,

This page has some interesting info they say they can provide parking on site for disabled: www.millenniumstadium.com/disabled/index.php

Wales
Level Contributor
2,333 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: closest place to park to millennium stadium for disabled

Indeed. However the OP says there are no more disabled spaces at the Stadium, which is why she's asked for other suggestions ;-)

Cardiff, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: closest place to park to millennium stadium for disabled

thank you so much for your advice,

we have to go in at gate 3 .

you said about the rugby club car park can anyone park there and do you know if you can book a space there ? i have asked the other car parks if i can book but its a first come rule only. yhanks again . helen.

Cardiff, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: closest place to park to millennium stadium for disabled

thank you for all your advice. helen.

Cardiff, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: closest place to park to millennium stadium for disabled

thank you for your advice

unfortunatly the stadium has not been much help

silly really when they sell you the tickets but dont help you with parking.

helen.