We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from London by Bus

London / Brisbane
Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Topic
Travel from London by Bus

Can anyone tell me how customs and immigration work when travelling on National Express or Megabus bus services from London to Cardiff ?? I would also be travelling on an Australian passport, not British.

Thanks

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from London by Bus

Cardiff/Wales is part of the UK so there is no customs or immigration issue when travelling to Cardiff from London - that is only needed on your point of entry to the UK.

London / Brisbane
Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from London by Bus

Thanks Jim, I knew that Wales was part of the UK, I just thought that perhaps because it is technically another country, maybe the immigration rules still applied.

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from London by Bus

Nah - the only 'tax' is the toll on the Severn Bridges linking England and Wales (as a coach passengere its included in your ticket).

Ironic though - you pay to go into Wales but it's free the other way - not sure what that says about us!

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from London by Bus

And of course you have to be able to pronounce LLanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwrndrobllllantisiliogogogoch if you want to get in though