We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 Night Stay Advice

Which Cardiff hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hereford, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Topic
1 Night Stay Advice

I've booked a room at the Hilton in mid August on a saturday for me and my girlfriend. Never stayed in Cardiff before so would like some advice :)

Where would be good to eat that is walking distance from the Hilton?

Also, parking at the hotel is £20 for a day, is there anywhere near that would be cheaper?

Cheers, Joe.

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,199 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 Night Stay Advice

When we stayed at the Hilton last time, we ate at the Social,in the Parc hotel, it was very nice and only a few minutes walk from the Hilton, also,yes there are cheaper options for car parking, but dont forget, you stop outside the hotel and your car is taken away, parked and looked after.I think it is a good parking option and always use it when at the Hilton

Alcester, United...
Level Contributor
487 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 Night Stay Advice

I can't help on the parking front...you may be able to park elsewhere for less, but can't be sure.

As for eating out - there are loads of fantastic places in Cardiff. Cardiff is also a very compact city, so you won't have to worry too much about transport. Cardiff Bay will, in my view, be a little too far to walk for dinner - although taxi wouldn't cost much - probably around £8. There are also some fantastic restaurants in an area called Pontcanna - a short walk across a park from the Hilton - or around a 20 min walk around by the Castle. The centre also has loads of options.

You'd probably be best to say what kind of restaurant you'd like - Italian, Indian etc. Budget?

3. Re: 1 Night Stay Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 20:16