We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hen spa weekend

Which Cardiff hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
hen spa weekend

looking at arranging my sister hen weekend in cardiff, would like to spend a day relaxing having some spa treatments before heading out into the city in the evening.

would like advice on spa's, hotels, places to eat for evening meal and the best clubs and pubs.

The cars will be left at home so would like to be central for most things.

Not sure if to go for spa hotel or do budget hotel and just go to the spa for the day? Was also thinking of white water rafting?

Alcester, United...
Level Contributor
487 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hen spa weekend

Ok - most people will probably suggest St David's Hotel and Spa - I had a really awful experience there. The treatments were amazing but the pool facilities were (we're talking a couple of years ago) pretty grubby and they are quite tight for space. Having said that people seem to have a great time and the views from the pool area are nice - over the water etc.

Laguna Health Spa is very central but I've not been.

I would avoid the Hilton - again, it has a nice pool but is quite small, no windows and overlooked by the gym.

As for eating out - depends on what kind of food you like? Come back to us on that one.

Pontcanna (about a 10-15 min walk, or a 5 min taxi from the centre) is a lovely area of Cardiff, lots of nice bars, wine bars etc. There are also a couple of lovely restaurants - mimosa lounge, cinnamon tree (curry), the cricketers (a gastro pub), Stephanos (and Italian) - to name just a few.

The bay area is also nice for an evening out - again loads of restaurants and some lovely bars etc.

Just a few random thoughts here....hope they help.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
191 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hen spa weekend

For a city centre, I think St Davids Hotel is your best bet. It is in Cardiff Bay but has easy transport or a 15 minute walk from the centre of town.

The Laguna is more central and will probably be cheaper but we prefer St Davids due to better facilities.

Both get quite busy so would probably need booking well in advance.

As mentioned the pool is what lets The Hilton down and would avoid it.

With regard to clubs and pubs it probably depends on preference in music, there are plenty of options. Revolution do a cocktail class which involves plenty of samples which seems to be popular as a thought.

Wales
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hen spa weekend

You could also look outside the city centre at the Vale Resort - http://www.vale-hotel.com/ - or Celtic Manor Resort http://www.celtic-manor.com/. You don't need to stay at either, but you would need your own transport.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
912 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hen spa weekend

I would say laguna at park plaza. the hotel is very central.

It also has a really nice popular bar. opposite the hotel is tiger tiger which is great for hen do's or revs de cuba.

england
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hen spa weekend

Thankyou, looking at booking the Park plaza hotel, one of the girls has stayed before and rates it. cheers for ideas on clubs and restaurants.

6. Re: hen spa weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2013, 10:17