We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving Dinner Delivery

Which Cardiff hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Plano, Illinois...
3 posts
Save Topic
Thanksgiving Dinner Delivery

Does any one know where I can get a (unprepared) a traditional American Thanksgiving Dinner and have it delivered to a deserving family in Llanharan, pontyclun, South Wales UK

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,720 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner Delivery

Have you thought of getting them a gift certificate from one of the major supermarkets or Marks and Spencer's so that they can buy what they like? They may even enjoy a night out if you get them a gift certificate from a good restaurant near them.

They may not like things such as pumpkin pie for instance, or cranberries. Not everyone likes turkey either. Just a thought.

Edited: 15 October 2012, 18:49
Wales
Level Contributor
2,167 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner Delivery

You could try contacting the New York Deli in Cardiff to see if they can suggest anything. I can't immediately find a website for them but if you use a search engine you'll find contact details on other sites.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,720 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner Delivery

Take a look at www.marksandspencer.com They have a delivery service and lots of Christmas type food which would be similar to a Thanksgiving meal.

Edited: 15 October 2012, 21:39
UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,607 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner Delivery

M&S deliver to your nearest store but do not deliver perishable foods to your home- only clothes, flowers and hampers.

Plano, Illinois...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner Delivery

thank for the reply. I had a request for a traditional American Thanksgiving dinner, so that is what I am trying to do. What are the names of some of the major grocers in that area. I have no idea. Thanks again.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,039 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner Delivery

Tesco, Sainsburys, Asda. Thanksgiving isn't celebrated in the UK but you could improvise with a turkey and all the veg from any of these stores. Try to find a local butcher who will come up with better options than the local supermarkets.

Plano, Illinois...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner Delivery

thank you, i really, really appreciate your reply. I will try!

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
434 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner Delivery

Waitrose do home delivery as well. ~ Upmarket food suppliers. If you Google Waitrose and look in the 'entertaining' section they already have order facilities up for turkey and any side dishes, for home delivery. We have turkey at Christmas here, so there should be plenty available for meals in November.

Falmouth UK
Level Contributor
86 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner Delivery

Have a look for local independent chefs, my niece (who is an independent chef in Cornwall)offers a home delivery service, with an option of cooked or just prepared dinner party food. She used to work for a company called Book a Cook, not sure if this is still going but i am sure a google search will throw up something. Good luck.

10. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner Delivery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2013, 10:16