We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ghost walks/tours in Cardiff

Which Cardiff hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cambridgeshire UK
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Topic
Ghost walks/tours in Cardiff

Does anyone know of any ghost walks or tours in Cardiff? I did some research online, but only found one that looks like it's a private tour, I was thinking of one that was an open tour with more people. Thanks!

Cardiff
Level Contributor
5 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Ghost walks/tours in Cardiff

Is this the one you mean Tara?

http://www.creepycardiff.com

I'm not sure of any others that haven't been mentioned, although there are a couple of scary places such as Insole court in Llandaff, beautiful old house and gardens, but the house has been almost trashed by the council afraid to spend any money on it. However the gardens are still beautiful and there are some old WW2 buildings in the grounds that may have a ghost or 2...lol

Muck

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
3,563 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Ghost walks/tours in Cardiff

Based on my experience yesterday if you want some ghost stories you need go no further than visit the Regimental museum in the tower of Cardiff Castle and ask the curators. These ex-soldiers (therefore not the type to be given to flights of fancy!) are experiencing hauntings right now in the museum which occupy the former prison cells of the castle. The hauntings seem to occur every couple of weeks at any time of day and night and consist of sightings (which have apparently been seen by more than one person at the same time), sounds, exhibits being knocked over and a sense of a 'presence'. These guys tell their stories with real interest and relish! Museum open every day except Tuesday I believe. There has been a long standing account of a ghost of a female in and around the castle. I remember Peter Underwood (the paranormal investogator) writing about it in the 1970s.

The ghost appears to be of a lady, not sure if anyone has traced who it may be yet. As you wander through the museum you will spend the rest of the time on the look out!

Cardiff
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Ghost walks/tours in Cardiff

Hi Tara

My wife and I, and a group of friends had the pleasure of going on the Creepy Cardiff Ghost tour for her birthday treat. It was exellent, lots of good ghost stories, a fair few of them Cardiff based.

We've been on others in Edinburgh and London, but I think this one was better because all the others tend to be too long.

I know the guy who runs it only does groups, but for £40 amongst a few of you it's really good value for money.

Mike

Ps. My wife's just told me it's open to anyone on Halloween

14. Re: Ghost walks/tours in Cardiff

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 08:16