We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Express bus service from Cardiff Airport to City Centre

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
New Express bus service from Cardiff Airport to City Centre

Every 20 minutes, 7 days a week. This is a much welcome early improvement since the Welsh Government's recent takeover of Cardiff Airport walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/new-expres…

London, United...
Level Contributor
223 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Express bus service from Cardiff Airport to City Centre

Hmmm - I can see there being some lonely trips for the drivers on this particular service !

Having overpaid for the airport, spent a not insignficant sum on tarting it up, and now putting what must be a fairly significant investment in this service, lets hope that there are some meaningful new route announcements soon to justify this.

Pembrokeshire, Wales
Level Contributor
535 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Express bus service from Cardiff Airport to City Centre

This will be really useful to our family. I have made four trips to Cardiff airport in the last four weeks, out of necessity, not choice. A reliable service via Cardiff to West Wales will be much better than the slow and vague 'catch the bus to Rhoose station then train to Bridgend and if you're lucky you won't have to wait too long for the mainline train west' route.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
431 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: New Express bus service from Cardiff Airport to City Centre

It's a small step in the right direction, but relies on people already being in Cardiff. The Greyhound runs a direct bus to Bristol airport from Swansea with stops in Neath and Bridgend. A much more convenient option!

Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
for Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza
Level Contributor
2,168 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Express bus service from Cardiff Airport to City Centre

Don’t know how long it will last as no one is saying how much or for how long the assembly is subsidising the route for. As it’s also going to the Bay I assume it’s for the AMs to catch the subsidised flights to Anglesey. The bus would be about the right size for that but not a typical jet with 180 people on it. As SURREYCELT said "Hmmm - I can see there being some lonely trips for the drivers on this particular service !"

London, United...
Level Contributor
223 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Express bus service from Cardiff Airport to City Centre

Don't get me started on the £200 per passenger 'IeuanAir' subsidy !!

I suspect they'll be needing a nickname for this service - I propose the 'HART CART', after the blessed Edwina.

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Express bus service from Cardiff Airport to City Centre

Ha ha! and they call us a nation of armchair cynics - who would have believed it. It is true I expect there will be lonely bus drivers at first, and success depends on what other actions are taken within a certain time period to revive the airport's business and fortunes, to which this service will be a complement. I posted the link as a piece of useful information as well as to make a statement that, in my opinion, it is a step in the right direction.

Wales
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Express bus service from Cardiff Airport to City Centre

A helpful development indeed. It might be more viable if it called in to the BA maintenance facility too, so that some of the staff there used it.

8. Re: New Express bus service from Cardiff Airport to City Centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2014, 06:19