We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap Central Hotel?????

Which Cardiff hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wirral
Level Contributor
952 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap Central Hotel?????

Hi,

We are visiting Cardiff to view the Cardiff University and will be arriving the day before the open day. We would like to stay in a reasonably price twin room in the city centre and a short taxi ride or within walking distance of the uni. I'd be grateful for any advice.

Thanks

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,777 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap Central Hotel?????

Hi, When I'm looking for a budget hotel my go-to brand is usually Premier Inn and its a good and central one in Cardiff premierinn.com/en/…cardiff-city-centre

Of course there are plenty of others to choose from as you'll see from the Tripadvisor popularity ratings & reviews, but you can't go far wrong with premier inn, and you can walk pretty much anywhere of interest from there. Cardiff city centre is very pedestrian friendly and very much a modern city on a small and do-able scale,

Wales
Level Contributor
229 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap Central Hotel?????

Travelodge Queen Street is just as convenient and probably cheaper

Wirral
Level Contributor
952 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap Central Hotel?????

Thanks for the advice, just booked the Premier Inn. It looked such a good location and a nice hotel.I know they do food but we would like to go out for a pizza nearby. Where is the best place to go?

Cheers, Thanks to you all :-)

Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Cardiff
Level Contributor
7,357 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap Central Hotel?????

You are bang in the middle of the city centre so everywhere is nearby, including all the major chain pizza restaurants.

If you would prefer something more independent (and you should) then Cafe Citta on Church Street is about ten minutes walk.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186460-…

Wirral
Level Contributor
952 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap Central Hotel?????

Excellent ! Thank you so much :)

Cardiff
Level Contributor
374 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap Central Hotel?????

Travelodge gets my vote, but to me I would want to know which bit of the uni you are on about, eg Park Place, medical etc

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,777 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap Central Hotel?????

Travelodge is cheaper but Premier Inns buy the very best beds :)

8. Re: Cheap Central Hotel?????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2014, 05:16