We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cardiff to Bristol Airport Transportation options?

Lake City, Florida
Level Contributor
101 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Cardiff to Bristol Airport Transportation options?

We will be needing transportation to Bristol Airport from Cardif on the 29th of March. There are 3 of us. Our flight out is at 0600, so I believe we need to be there around 0400. Any idea of our options? I know I can take a taxi hotel quoted around 80pounds, online I see private taxis for about 105pounds. I am not sure the difference between a regular taxi and a private one. Any other private car options. I believe there is a bus, but is starts runnning at 0320 and that seems really early to be dealing with a bus.

Thanks

TT

Lake City, Florida
Level Contributor
101 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cardiff to Bristol Airport Transportation options?

The main reason we do not want to change hotels is our limited time in Cardiff and the hassle of changing hotels. We are only arriving around noon on Thursday from London and would rather not stay 1 night, then need to pack and move again. We would have just done that from London.

What are the chances there will be an issue on the highway at 0400 on a Saturday morning?

Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Cardiff
Level Contributor
8,876 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Cardiff to Bristol Airport Transportation options?

Yeah, but you're going to pack and move again, whether that is on Friday evening or at 3am Saturday morning. And not like you'd have to then unpack a whole lot for a sleep in an airport hotel.

I agree with a previous post - the Friday evening is basically a write off anyway. Might as well use that time getting closer to the airport and then get a bit extra sleep so that your slightly less knackered when you get wherever you're going on Saturday.

In answer to your question, it's quite unlikely that there will be 'an issue' on the motorway at that time (though they do do roadworks overnight on occasion). If there were one however, there are a lot of places where it could significantly delay you.

Edited: 21 March 2014, 21:51
Bristol, England
Level Contributor
2,393 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Cardiff to Bristol Airport Transportation options?

There's a DoubleTree by Hilton hotel, Cadbury House, less than 5 miles from the airport, if you like Hilton.

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Cardiff to Bristol Airport Transportation options?

Assuming you haven't already booked it, I think I would plan to spend 2 nights sleeping in Bristol.

If you choose somewhere close(isn) to Bristol Temple Meads (saying this I am assuming you were planning to get out of wherever by train on your way to visit Wales), it really isn't too much hassle to drop your bags at the hotel, jump on a train to/from Cardiff (about an hour away).

You'll probably buy yourselves at least an extra hour of sleep that way (and one less checkin/out)...any sensible taxi firm would build in a considerable margin of error for negotiating the River Severn.

Mentioned in this post
Bristol
Bristol
England, UK
Wales
Wales
United Kingdom
Cardiff
Level Contributor
410 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Cardiff to Bristol Airport Transportation options?

There is the Hilton Garden Inn or the DoubleTree by Hilton which are both about 200 yards from Bristol Temple Meads. It really all depends on the activities that you have planned.

Lake City, Florida
Level Contributor
101 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Cardiff to Bristol Airport Transportation options?

We are going to Stay in Cardiff night 1 and catch a train early to mid friday night to Bristol. If there is hilton brand near the train station we will probably stay there.

Mentioned in this post
Bristol
Bristol
England, UK
Lake City, Florida
Level Contributor
101 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Cardiff to Bristol Airport Transportation options?

So I have rolled the dice and stayed with our original plan. this means we are taxing a 3am transport to Bristol. So I have found a couple companies online, but cannot find any reviews on them.

Anyone ever use either "Cardiff and Vale Taxis" or "Airport Transfer Wales"?

TT

Mentioned in this post
Bristol
Bristol
England, UK
Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Cardiff
Level Contributor
8,876 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Cardiff to Bristol Airport Transportation options?

"Anyone ever use either "Cardiff and Vale Taxis" or "Airport Transfer Wales"?"

Well I recommended the first one to you in post one ;)

Have not heard of the other.

Lake City, Florida
Level Contributor
101 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Cardiff to Bristol Airport Transportation options?

Well I ended up staying in Cardiff and using Cardiff and Vale Taxi. They were great to work with, somehow I ended up puting the request in for the wrong dates in August, but Rob caught the date mistake and followed back up to confirm.

The driver showed up at 2:50am for a 3:00 am pick up. He was very friendly and informative. We would use them again for sure.

20. Re: Cardiff to Bristol Airport Transportation options?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2015, 05:16