We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversary Stay

Which Swansea hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Anniversary Stay

Hello,

I am looking to stay in Swansea for our wedding anniversary for one night in July.

I have been looking at the Oxwich Bay hotel and also Morgans hotel in the city centre.

Which would you advise? Or is there anywhere else you could suggest? We wanted to stay somewhere nice with food. I've never been to the Oxwich Bay hotel so I'm not sure how nice it is or the food?

Any suggestions would b welcome -thanks :) x

southwales
Level Contributor
738 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anniversary Stay

I have to ask what sort of hotel are you looking for as these two are in totally different environments? Morgan’s is in the town centre overlooking a busy road whilst the Oxwich Bay is on Gower and set in large grounds overlooking the sea. If it was my choice for an anniversary I think I’d pick the Oxwich Bay. A couple of other suggestions would be :

http://www.patrickswithrooms.com/index.asp

http://www.fairyhill.net/

Hope you find somewhere to celebrate your day.

tenby
Level Contributor
194 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anniversary Stay

there's a restaurant on oxwich beach called the coal house about 5 mins walk from oxwich bay hotel http://www.thecoalhouserestaurant.co.uk/

other suggestions:-

"fairyhill "near reynoldston is high quality hotel with restaurant.

"patricks with rooms" in the mumbles

"little langland hotel" rotherslade

"tides reach" is a nice guest house walking distance to mumbles restaurants.

dragon hotel in swansea city centre has a brassiere also swansea marriott in the marina.

restaurants in swansea centre try chelsea restaurant, la brassiere, la parilla, grape & olive.

Edited: 30 June 2013, 22:42
Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
434 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anniversary Stay

The Oxwich Bay is in a stunning location but we've never found the food particularly good, except for the breakfast. Food at The Coalhouse looks good and it is very close to the hotel, but I've only had a coffee there. If it were me I'd stay at the hotel (Room 10 is stunning) and book a meal at the Coalhouse (not sure what time it closes) or Fairyhill. You will need a taxi back from Fairyhill, which I think is about 4 miles or so up the road. The Gower is so much more attractive than the city centre; hope you enjoy it!

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises
Level Contributor
47,755 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anniversary Stay

We stayed at the Oxwich Bay for one night. Our room was large and spacious away from the main hotel but all the better for that! Like others we didn't find the food that good, I would say it was more pub grub than anything else (we had Hunter's Chicken), nice enough for what it was but not what I would call a special occasion meal.

Swansea, Wales
Destination Expert
for Swansea
Level Contributor
162 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anniversary Stay

Can only echo the above comments. Oxwich Bay is purely about location.

Personally I'd either spend the day in The Gower & then check in to Fairyhill, or book in to Morgan's & then pop to a local bar after having a meal there.

Harrogate
Level Contributor
219 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anniversary Stay

I don't know Oxwich Bay so be guided by others. I last stayed at Morgans about 18 months ago. Food and service were first rate.

Someone also mentioned the Swansea Marriott. Please see my recent review; nice enough hotel but rather ordinary food. I wouldn't eat there for a special occasion

7. Re: Anniversary Stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2014, 06:19