We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in late June

Cincinnati, Ohio
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
weather in late June

We are traveling to Ireland the last week of June. What is the weather usually like that time of year? I am starting to think about what to pack and would appreciate any information.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,861 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in late June

It probably won't snow, after that it could be anything from flood to drought, fog to bright blue skies, 0 Celcius to 30 Celcius

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,861 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in late June

Oh - and you might get all of them in one week

belfast
Level Contributor
109 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in late June

last year was quite rainy over here and usually we would have expected midteens celsius to lateteens celsius. it really is hard to predict. it hopefully will be jeans and a light jumper weather but yu really are in the laps of the gods i'm afraid!

Portrush, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in late June

I think June tends to be one of the better months, can be warm enough, but not compared to Kentucky I would imagine, wear layers, vest top then shirt then fleece and rain jacket and peel off or put on as required!

Im sure this doesnt help much but the weather in Ireland particulary the further North you go is vary unpredictable. Our fields are green for a reason!

Shazza

Gateshead, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather in late June

Hello Kentucky girl

Interesting question particulary as your weather is not good and like ours unseasonable at the moment.

June should be dry and in the Low 70's upper 60's but on this side of the pond there is always a chance of rain.

If you had it on the eastern coast of america 3-4 days ago you can gaureentee we usually get the same but wetter later.

Suggested clothing Tee shirts, shorts to start with then light wind reducing items to add on top as the temperature drops usually a 5-6 degree drop if it rains. Equally as the wind strenghtens it takes the heat out of the sun, hence the idea of the light wind cheaters etc type clothing.

Alight easy carry fold up to nothing rain cape or coat is always a handy thing to carry with you.

hope you enjoy good weather

Ray

Belfast
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather in late June

Hey!

Ireland in June varies quite a bit. Usually it is between 15-22C but it could be sunny, cloudy or wet! the weather changes dramatically, but you may be lucky and catch a good sunny week!

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,196 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather in late June

The west of Ireland in particular has a very wet climate. I was brought up there and it is perfectly possible in June for it to rain non stop for a week. On the other hand you could be lucky and hit a week of sun. All you can be sure of is that it will almost certainly be somewhere between 55 and 75F.

8. Re: weather in late June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 15:18