We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ardtrabane House or Anvershiel House Portrush

suffolk
Level Contributor
191 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Ardtrabane House or Anvershiel House Portrush

Sorry to be a pain with yet another question, don't know what I'd do withut this site now,

WE have 2 nights in this area and not sure where to stay for B * B. Ardtrabane House Causeway has great reviews, but how far is it to get a simple evening meal, it would be good not to have to drive in the evening, but just walk down to a nice pub or restaurant, accompanied by a Guinness of course.

I had initialy chosen Portrush for this reason, but some reports say it is very loud and not the greatest spot, we are going in in early October, are ther any other suggestions please. I'd love B & B with sea views if possible (and great breakfast)

thanks very much

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
294 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ardtrabane House or Anvershiel House Portrush

Did you decide that A Pier View wasn't a good option as this B& B would fill all your requirements and it would be quiet? The only night which mightn't be as quiet as others would be Saturday but even then it shouldn't be overly rowdy.

Staying at Ardtrabane you could walk to the Causeway Hotel or Smugglers Inn but these would be the only two places within walking distance. There is a place beside the Giant's Causeway called The Nook but not sure of it's opening hours.

With reference to you question on car hire, are you flying into Belfast City or Belfast International Airport or arriving by ferry?

suffolk
Level Contributor
191 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ardtrabane House or Anvershiel House Portrush

thanks for your reply adequate

we are flying to Belfast City Airport

About a Pier View, at first look I did not notice it has private parking, whihc we wanted. Having had another look it does look a lovely situation, especially the breakfast room, so I will take your advice and try and book there today, thanks again

3. Re: Ardtrabane House or Anvershiel House Portrush

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 16:18