We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santra Trails

northern ireland
Level Contributor
93 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Santra Trails

Does anyone know where the garden centre is that has a santa trail or anywhere that has one.

northern ireland
Level Contributor
93 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santra Trails

apologies for typo

Newtownards, United...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
7,885 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santra Trails

Yes, it's in Antrim, it's called donegore garden centre, i do the trail every year with my children....the web address is below...

www.landscape-centre.com/domestic/santa/

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
398 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santra Trails

There used to be one in Donegal which was quite good but can't remember it's name.

The National Trust are doing one at Hazlett House in Castlerock this year. May be worth checking it out if they are doing similar things at some of their other properties

Derry
Destination Expert
for Derry
Level Contributor
737 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Santra Trails

www.doaghfaminevillage.com/santas-island/

The link above is for the Donegal 'lapland' site. I know this has been running for years and is very popular.

Belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
1,547 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Santra Trails

There is also a good Santa in Hillside Garden Centre http://www.hillsidenurserycentre.com/

There was a similar thread on Money Saving Expert lately forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html…

Newtownards, United...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
7,885 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Santra Trails

Hey NYC, nice to see you back.

Belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
1,547 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Santra Trails

Thank you bgekk!

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Santra Trails

hi, my I recommend a bettter Santa trail than at donegore Landscape garden centre . Just find the templepatrick roundabout hang around it and follow the signs up and over the main motorway pasting the right turn off at Parkgate. Try to get there at dusk as the light feature is just magical for the weenans. but do put on good walking shoes.!! and try not to bring a buggy.

you are going to the best, as I have been for years now and the centre makes the effort to change it.plus you are well provided for throughout your sight seeing visit. My only negative comment you can get caught via there one way system to visit the coffee shop with not great money for value serving of food and there christmas decoration section.

do have great fun. Merry christmas

Newtownards, United...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
7,885 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Santra Trails

It seems to me Andi that you "are" actually describing donegore garden centre when you say you are recommending a better one !!!

Belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
1,547 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Santra Trails

Sounds like Donegore to me too, can't think of any others up past Parkgate.

There is one in Colemans garden centre just past the Templepatrick roundabout but don't think it is as good as Donegore.