We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Northern Ireland in November?

New York
Level Contributor
350 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Northern Ireland in November?

A couple of friends are planning a getaway to northern islan from NYC at the end of November and I'm debating whether to join them. One of my reasons to visit would be the Antrim coast and a visit to giants causeway. I'm wondering if we would be able to do that via public transport from Belfast at that time of year, as none of us are into driving and don't drive manual transmission thereby limiting our choice of rentals. Thank you for your comments in advance.

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,388 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Northern Ireland in November?

Not easy to do it independently on public transport at that time of year. Your best option is an organised day trip from Belfast. There are quite a few of these available so you should find some reviews on line. Paddywagon tends to target backpackers in particular. Their tour includes Derry whereas it is easy to do Derry on public transport from Belfast and have more time in the city.

allensbelfastbustours.com/giantscausewayirel…

www.ulsterbustours.com/TourDescription.aspx…

www.paddywagontours.com/tourView.php…

The official belfast tourism webpage is

http://www.gotobelfast.com/

New York
Level Contributor
350 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Northern Ireland in November?

Thank you for the info and the links. I will check them out.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,270 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Northern Ireland in November?

A tour probably is the way to go. It could be done on public transport, but you would really want to spend a night on the north coast. With the 252 and 402 stopped for the winter it does cut the options considerably.

However if you only want to see the Causeway itself (which would be a pity) check out the new 221 service:

translink.co.uk/Timetables/…

4. Re: Northern Ireland in November?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 17:19
Get answers to your questions about Northern Ireland