We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belfast to Glenarm

delaware
Level Contributor
55 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Belfast to Glenarm

Will be visiting the last week of May and I was wondering if there is a quick and easy way to make the trip from Belfast to Glenarm? We are coming on a group trip but have some free time on an afternoon. Is it even feasible to make the trip from Belfast to Glenarm and back in an afternoon? My great-grandparents came from Glenarm to US in 1891 and I would love to see it. Does anyone know of the Deer Park Farm? Are there any locations to look up genealogy information for that area that we could visit? Thanks!

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,303 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Belfast to Glenarm

You could get a bus up its about 30 mile from the city ( Translink) use there journey planner to see if it suits you. If your group is going to the Causeway you may pass through Glenarm .

There is some info on Deer park Farm on this site …ancestry.co.uk/localities.britisles.ireland…

delaware
Level Contributor
55 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Belfast to Glenarm

Our itinerary says we will be going north on the coastal road from Belfast to Londonderry. Is that the route? Really appreciate the information! Thanks!

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,303 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Belfast to Glenarm

yes if your going up the coast you will go through Glenarm

4. Re: Belfast to Glenarm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Northern Ireland