We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Northern Ireland - Need Trip Help Please

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Northern Ireland - Need Trip Help Please

Me and a friend are hoping to visit northern Ireland for around 5 days this September but have no idea where to start. We have never been to Ireland and we would be travelling everywhere without a car. Being students on a gap year our budget isn't huge but we would really like to explore as much as possible.

We are hoping to go somewhere where we can just wander and explore shops for a couple days with some nice bars and pubs. But seeing natural beautiful sights in the main purpose of our trip so we need to be within a bus ride/ long walk of some natural scenery. We aren't fussy girls so we are up for some long treks and busy days exploring.

Anyone know of anywhere suitable?

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,365 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Northern Ireland - Need Trip Help Please

Ok. There are some very good hostels so.have a look at hostelworld for reviews. Also sometimes the likes of premier inn or ibis have cheap room only hotel rooms eg I've got a twin room in cathedral quarter premier inn for £29 per room if staying 2 nights but it isn't always so cheap.

I'd recommend 2 nights in Belfast then 3 nights in Portrush. You can go by train or bus between the two. In September the Causeway Rambler bus is on which lets you travel from Portrush to key sights eg dunluce castle, bushmills distillery, Giant's causeway, Carrick-a-rede rope bridge etc...

You could also do a day trip fromr to Derry (train from Portrush is v v scenic)

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Northern Ireland - Need Trip Help Please

Hi there,

Once you decide where you would like to visit, Translink have many public transport options for you.

I have attached a link to our Journey Planner which can help you plan your trips.

…translink.co.uk/web/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2… desktop

…translink.co.uk/mobile/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2… mobile

Our website will also detail promotions available

If you need more information please do not hesitate to contact us at 02890666630

Kind regards

Translink Facebook Team

3. Re: Northern Ireland - Need Trip Help Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2015, 05:16