We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kings Hall-nearby accomodation?

Which Belfast hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Waterford
Level Contributor
36 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Kings Hall-nearby accomodation?

We are a group of girls(!) taking our young teenage daughters to the MCR(My Chemical Romance) gig in Kings Hall in November. Is it the same place as Union Hall?(sorry) and can anyone suggest anywhere nice nearby to stay (Tara Lodge does well in Tripadvisor reviews but the mothers may be in need of a bar after the concert-or maybe not). All advice appreciated.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kings Hall-nearby accomodation?

Hi, the Kings Hall is not the same as the Union Hall. It's about 3 miles from the City Centre. There are some B&Bs in the area, which is Lisburn Road / Malone Road. The Ramada Hotel is fairly close as well. There is a bar / resturant directly opposite the Kings Hall where you could wait during the concert.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kings Hall-nearby accomodation?

The Kings Hall is across the road from Balmoral Railway stop and the train will take you to the City Centre, follow the crowd.

There are buses to and from the city centre which stop right outside the hall (the other side of the road going back). The timetable can be a bit hard to decipher but it is available here,

translink.co.uk/MetroCorridorTimetables.asp

scroll down to Metro 9 - bright pink and you should be able to find all you need to know. It's about fifteen minutes out, depending on traffic

There are plenty of new hotels in the centre, it really depends on your budget and how you are travelling.

Waterford
Level Contributor
36 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kings Hall-nearby accomodation?

Thanks for your replies. I think it might suit us better to stay in the centre as we are arriving from Dublin by train and the girls will probably want the shops in the morning. Sounds as tho the area is well served by public transport anyway. Thanks again!

Belfast
Level Contributor
125 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kings Hall-nearby accomodation?

the closest hotel I can think of to the Kings hall is the wellington park hotel, but it isn't cheap... there are also 2 B&B's on the same street (I live there and they are good quality).

Waterford
Level Contributor
36 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kings Hall-nearby accomodation?

Great, Belfast23,do you know the names of them and I will check them out?Thanks for that.

Belfast
Level Contributor
570 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kings Hall-nearby accomodation?

All Seasons B&B is within walking distance of the Kings Hall. http://www.allseasonsbelfast.com/

Waterford
Level Contributor
36 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kings Hall-nearby accomodation?

I believe Jurys is closeby. That would do us grand if that is the case. As long as its on the right side and within a mile or so. The Wellington is suitable location wise but expensive with terrible reviews on TA.

glasgow
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kings Hall-nearby accomodation?

Hiya

I 2 am going to the concert but am travelling from Glasgow. I was looking for the same advice. You need to be carefull though cause I think people are giving you inof for the Kings Hall in Belfast not Dublin!

Cha :)

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
443 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kings Hall-nearby accomodation?

She is referring to the Kings Hall in Belfast as there is no Kings Hall in Dublin!! MCR is playing Kings Hall, Belfast on 17 November.

10. Re: Kings Hall-nearby accomodation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 01:19