We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ramada or Stormont ???

Which Belfast hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lancs.
4 posts
Save Topic
Ramada or Stormont ???

Hi,

Any opinions / experiences of either of the above hotels would be

welcome.

Appears my first choice (Europa) is unavailable for EasyJet

bookings for my desired dates. I knew I should have booked

yesterday !!!

I realise both are "out of town" , but which is easier to access the

city centre by public transport from ? I,m inclined to the Ramada

as its closer to the bus terminal for my return journey back to the

Belfast International. But , if you can catch the airport bus from

stops within the city centre that would make the Stormont just as

appealling.

Any info . gratefullly recieved.

Thanks,

FL 3

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
443 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ramada or Stormont ???

Hi there I haven't stayed in any of the hotels but for location I think they would be the same with regards to getting into the City Centre if i was you I would look at getting one of the other hotels in the City Centre if you want a 4 star onw you could try the Holiday Inn although I know it is hard to get a hotel at short notice. If you stay in the Ramada or Stormont their will be a regualr bus service to the city center so you will be fine with regards to that.

If you are in the City at night the lasr buses usually stop at 11 so you will have to get a taxi to your hotel which may cost if your out of town. Shouldn't cost any more than £10.

Enjoy your stay

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
754 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ramada or Stormont ???

Ramada is a really good hotel, its south of Belfast and set outside the urban area. Get the number of 'Value Cabs' in Belfast and use them to travel back and forth. The best place to get the drive to take you is to the Europa, as it is in central Belfast. Taxi transfers cost about £5-7.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ramada or Stormont ???

If you are relying on a bus service to get into the City Centre stay in the Stormont Hotel as it is on the main Metro (city bus ) route ie a bus every 10 mins....the Ramada is not served well by bus...both are roughly the same distance from the City Centre. Hope this is some help.

Belfast
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ramada or Stormont ???

HI the Stormont is a much better option as it is situated in a residential area and has much easier access to the city centre. The Ramada is set on an outer ring round of belfast and does not have a very good bus service

5. Re: Ramada or Stormont ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 11:21