We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I am i Staying in a good area?

Which Belfast hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
531 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
I am i Staying in a good area?

I am looking at coming to Belfast for the new Year, I have been Given the Hotel Best Weston just of the golden Mile and next to the Uni.

I am in my 30's but still like to have a good drink, love wine bars and a nice resturant to eat in.

Am i going to be ok? or am i out of it? Sorry never been to Belfast before, so any help would be very welcome.

Thank all.

P.s I also like the real ale pubs, well any pub really. lol

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
443 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I am i Staying in a good area?

Your only a 15 minute walk from the city centre there are a lot of restaurants and a few bars where you are staying but they are usually full with students as its near the Uni but a short walk away you will find many bars and clubs if you fancy that so to answer your question it is a decent enough location and you will be fine.

belfast
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I am i Staying in a good area?

that location is fine as person b4 said. Tho personally i wu head down the road into the city centre than rather heading up the road when u going out. loadsa new places to eat and drink in...

personal favs of mine inclu AM PM , Ten Square restaurants.

Chelsea Wine bar also does nice pub grub as does The Apartment and Morning Star.

Real ales wu check places like The Crown, The kitchen and other 'old men' types of bars.

At end of night if u looking for a pizza a personal; fav of mine is Little Italy behind Fibber Magees QUALITY!!!

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: I am i Staying in a good area?

Thats the Wellington Park Hotel.

Its right next door to The Bot (Botanic Inn) & this is the busiest bar in Belfast - mainly students and is always shoulder to shoulder. The Eg (Eglantine Inn) is just across the road.

You're a 5 minute dander from Beatrice Kennedy's, which is 1 of the best restaurants in Belfast.

belfast
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: I am i Staying in a good area?

Hi

you could also try the cathedral quarter, 20 mins walk or 5 mins taxi.

The spanyard and duke of york for student/30 something type bars.

The pothouse, cloth ear for something a bit more dressy - both have clubs.

The merchant hotel is worh a visit for a cocktail and people watching. all in cathedral quarter.

The aprtment as mentioned near city hall does excellent cocktails but can get busy.

The crown is a must. the empire in botanic - 5 min walk - does a salsa/glamarama on sat night .

The bot - beside your hotel - is the busiest in belfast, but v studenty as in late teens early 20s.

enjoy.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I am i Staying in a good area?

Hi

As your hotel is in BT9 post code this is 1 of the best areas in Belfast and has lots of good restaurants and bars near by. Your hotel is on the Malone Road so you are only 5 minutes from the Lisburn Road, Stranmillis Road and 2 minutes from University Road. For entertainment etc.. check out www.gotobelfast.com but a couple of restaurants are:

Cayenne

Shu

Beatrix Kennedy which you have already been recommended

Scalinis

Graffitti

Cutters Wharf is a great bar too by the river that does good lunches about a 15 minute walk from your hotel: http://www.cuttersrivergrill.com/

I would definitley avoid the Botanic Inn and the Eglinton. I stopped going to them when I was 24 and started to feel too old!

The other suggestions you've been given too are great. The Cathedral Quarter is one of the 'Places to be' at the moment so it does get very busy but the atmosphere is great!

Moira

Belfast
Level Contributor
33 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I am i Staying in a good area?

You are staying in one of the best areas in Belfast, its quite a lively in the evening with two big student drinking places the bot and the the eg right beside but you will be quite safe. Enjoy your stay!

7. Re: I am i Staying in a good area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 11:22