We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 day in Belfast!

Midlands
Level Contributor
30 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
1 day in Belfast!

I have just booked flights for myself,my two teenage daughters and my Mum to Belfast on a whim next Thursday! I will be researching this (don't want to appear lazy!), but does anyone have any great ideas for an itinerary. Budget, cheap and cheerful. We would want some history and sightseeing, a little shopping and lunch? Arrive very early morning, leave early evening. Any help appreciated.

belfast-UK
Level Contributor
478 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 day in Belfast!

What about a river tour or bus tour ?

Shopping the Brand New Victoria Centre in the middle of city !!

jj....

Belfast
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 day in Belfast!

I highly advise you go on the sightseeing bus tour - that way you can hop on and hop off at your leisure. You will also get to see and hear much of the history of Belfast. I would advise you do this around 10:00 onwards. Shops open from 9-9 on a thursday, and there are plenty of wee sandwich shops/cafes etc for you to grab something. I hope you enjoy your trip!

Midlands
Level Contributor
30 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 day in Belfast!

That sounds great - I'll look at the bus tours. Any particular company? I have been looking at the wheel too and City Hall. It looks a great city, we can't wait to go.

Belfast
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 day in Belfast!

The bus tours are run by the city-sightseeing bus company - you have probably seen them in cities in England. They are red or yellow double deckers. The wheel is lovely too, you get a good view! the city hall isnt open at the minute as far as i know - its being renovated

Midlands
Level Contributor
30 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 day in Belfast!

Thanks for advice, we go tomorrow x

London
Level Contributor
72 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 day in Belfast!

How as it?

Midlands
Level Contributor
30 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1 day in Belfast!

Thanks for asking.

It was great - took the open top bus tour along the Shankill and Falls Road. Extremely interesting and informative. Parliament building and grounds beautiful. We went on the Eye too, which had excellent views but we rotated around 4 times rather than once slowly and this knocked the commentary out of sync.

The shopping centre was also great, and we took a trip up to the viewing dome, which the kids enjoyed.

The weather held out for us too, which was a bonus. We had a fish and chip lunch in a really, busy cafe (people were queueing to get in) which was fab.

A really pleasant day had by all. Peope were really friendly. Would love to go back again for a longer stay and link with a tour. Came across paddywagon tours whilst searching, so am looking at that for later this year, early next year!

Thanks for advice.

8. Re: 1 day in Belfast!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 22:19