We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Giants Causeway by bus?

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Giants Causeway by bus?

Hi,

I'll be in Belfast for two nights at the end of May. I know, I know- not nearly enough time :) That being said, I'd like to spend one day exploring Belfast and will hopefully spend the other day on a day trip to Giants Causeway. Are there regular bus services to the Causeway? Or do you recommend any particular tour company? I am a college student on a budget, but am willing to spend a little extra cash if its needed to see something breathtakingly beautiful! Thanks for your help.

DC Tours - A History of Terror
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Belfast Mural Experience
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
Belfast Food Tour
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Food Tours, City Tours, Other Food & Drink
Belfast Free Walking Tour
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Belfast
Level Contributor
570 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Giants Causeway by bus?

Paddywagon do a day trip from Belfast to the Giants Causeway and onto Derry for £17 http://www.paddywagontours.com It wouldnt give you much time at the Giants Causeway, but you would also see a bit of Derry and it calls a Carrick-a-rede rope bridge as well.

Or you can do it by public transport. The Antim Coaster would take you from Belfast right up along the very scenic coastal route to the Causeway www.translink.co.uk/present/ULB_252_O.asp You can also get a more direct bus or train to somewhere like Coleraine and get a connecting service to the Giants Causeway.

London
Level Contributor
38 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Giants Causeway by bus?

Hi, I went to Belfast for a weekend break about 2 weeks ago and found that 2 days was enough to see the sights. We spend Saturday exploring the city centre and Saturday, took a whole day bus tour with Go-coach (028 9334 188) on Sunday along the Antrim coast. The scenery was fab and it was definitely worth the £18! If you call them up they're really flexible and can pick you up whereever you're staying (offices right opposite the youth hostel) and even dropped us off at the airport on the way back so we could catch our flight. It was definitely a great use of the last day.

London
Level Contributor
9 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Giants Causeway by bus?

Hi,

We are headed to Belfast this weekend (for only the weekend also) and were also looking for bus options. We looked at public transport but it appear all a bit to complicated and long for what we were looking for.

We have booked on a causeway express tour with McComb's Executive Travel (www.minicoachni.co.uk) for £15 per person which leaves around 11am gets back at 4pm giving you 2.5 hours at the causeway. There is also a longer trip to the giants causeway via the coastal road which was on special for £17.50 at the time we were looking. This one leaves at 9:45am and returns at 6:45pm.

There is also a tour with Paddy Wagon Tours (www.paddywagontours.com/viewtour.php?id=42)for £18 which leaves at 8:30am and arrives back at 5:30pm and includes Derry.

If you are only there for teh weekend then you might be limited with your depart and arrival times as we were. Hope this helps.

4. Re: Day trip to Giants Causeway by bus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 00:17