We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant - somewhere romantic!

Ireland
Level Contributor
38 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant - somewhere romantic!

Hi everyone,

I am coming to Belfast for a night with my partner - it's his birthday so it's a surprise. We're staying in the Merchant Hotel. However, the menu in the Great Room didn't jump out at me and I think that the restaurant might be a bit stuffy from reviews?

So I'm looking for a nice restaurant. His preference is Italian so are there any very good Italians in Belfast? Don't really mind if we have to leave the Cathedral Quarter. Also, if there is anywhere non-Italian in Cathedral Quarter that people would recommend, I'd love to hear about it. Generally I'm not into ultra-minimalist trendy restaurants......

Many thanks.

antrim
Level Contributor
104 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant - somewhere romantic!

Start your evening with cocktails in the Merchant's grand bar. I would then either suggest Nick's Warehouse which is a great lively place and only a short walk,alternatively Tedfords is a lovely seafood place a few minutes awaybeside the River Lagan (either take a taxi or spend a few pounds extra and get the Merchant's Bentley to drive you round).I cannot think of a very good Italian place, pizza and pasta are all average in Belfast- best Italians I know are in Italy!!

2. Re: Restaurant - somewhere romantic!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2008, 19:59
Belfast
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant - somewhere romantic!

For old style romance I'd go for Beatrice Kennedy's on University street. Its basically set up for couples and is very atmospheric. As mentioned before Tedfords is a great shout, its seafood and steaks but is very romantic. Also Roscoff Brasserie owned by Paul rankin is nice. He also has Cayenne which is a romantic but quite modern and funky so may be a great contrast to Merchant.

If you like quirky bars, a new one has just opened near merchant called Muriels. Nice place and romantic in a strange way!

Enjoy Belfast and happy birthday to your partner!

R

4. Re: Restaurant - somewhere romantic!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 01:20
Get answers to your questions about Belfast