We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Somewhere near to Belfast International

Which Belfast hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gateshead, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Somewhere near to Belfast International

Hi

We are looking to fly into Belfast Int. in early September. Anywhere between 14 and 20 men, for a stag weekend.

We are not looking for nightclubs etc. More for somewhere with a few local boozers, so we can spend the day playing, darts, pool, dominoes, cards etc.

It looks like Antrim is the closest main town, but I would like any advice you can give on this.

We're all 37+ not 20+ years old.

Any cheap accommodation ideas around the area as well would be great. We don't mind hostel rooms as well as B&B and hotels.

Thanks

Biffa

Belfast
Level Contributor
570 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Somewhere near to Belfast International

Biffa

Have your weekend in Belfast. It is about 20 miles from the airport. Its probably easier to get to Belfast as the express bus (every 30 mins or so) goes to Belfast. Antrim is a main town in NI but it is pretty small compared to English towns. It has a population of about 20,000. I dont know what there would be in Antrim to sustain you for a weekend.

Belfast will have more things for you to do. There are bars that cater for the older crowd.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
443 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Somewhere near to Belfast International

I agree go to belfast there is plenty of cheap accomodation and numerous bars to go!!

Belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
1,547 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Somewhere near to Belfast International

I too agree with the others, go to Belfast. Lots to do and see and many bars that you could sit in all day in Belfast that would suit you.

When you get it booked closer to the time give us a shout on the board and im sure there will be many recs for bars.

Also there is a lot of 'budget' accommodation in Belfast, travelodge, premier inn, days inn are all reasonable priced hotels.

4. Re: Somewhere near to Belfast International

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 01:19