We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

parking at the hilton -help with itinerary

Dublin
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Topic
parking at the hilton -help with itinerary

I have just booked the Hilton and I have seen that they charge for parking.

Can anyone tell me if there is parking nearby that would be cheaper than £18 a night.

Also I am only in Belfast for one night, could someone suggest an itinerary, I like seeing the sights, shopping etc

also where would be nice to eat

sorry for all the questions

Canton of Vaud...
Level Contributor
143 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: parking at the hilton -help with itinerary

The advantage of parking at the hilton is that the car park is very secure and is right next to the hotel. £18 for an overnight does sound quite expensive though. For covered alternatives you may consider St Annes Square at £8.00 a night (15 mins walk) or Victoria Square which may be under £5 a night (10 mins walk away). Both St Annes and Victoria square can be booked through Q park q-park.ie/ParkingatQPark/…Default.aspx

Belfast is great, the city centre itself is very compact and the Hilton is just on the edge of the city centre. So you have good options for shopping and there are some nice options for restaurants. What sort of food do you like?

Dublin
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: parking at the hilton -help with itinerary

thanks for that,

I like all kinds of food, european, italian, chinese

Canton of Vaud...
Level Contributor
143 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: parking at the hilton -help with itinerary

Belfast is great for eating out and you will be spoilt for choice. Everyone has their own particular favourites and some of mine are:

Archana (www.archana.co.uk) for Indian food

Macau (bestofbridgestone.com/listman/…l0541.html) for chinese and it is BYO

Mourne Seafood Bar (mourneseafood.com/page/…)

Sakura (www.sakurabelfast.com) is a fantastic japanese restaurant and the lunchtime sushi bar is great value

Ginger (bestofbridgestone.com/listman/…l0540.html)

There's plenty more to choose from and I haven't even mentioned bars that serve food....

Dublin
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: parking at the hilton -help with itinerary

thanks they all sound great, i heard someone mention a place called Deanes is that nice?

Canton of Vaud...
Level Contributor
143 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: parking at the hilton -help with itinerary

I haven't eaten there in years so to be honest it would be wrong of me to make any comment about Deanes. But I think that Deanes is mentioned on the Bridgestone site that I referred to earlier. Another place to consider (which I forgot to mention earlier) is Mollys Yard.

Dublin
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: parking at the hilton -help with itinerary

thanks is it advisable to book in advance

Belfast
Level Contributor
1,965 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: parking at the hilton -help with itinerary

Deanes is perhaps more upmarket than most of the other (all good) restaurants featured in earlier posts. It is aimed more at the fine dining market and has prices to match (although very competitive in Dublin terms !! - think Thorntons or L'Ecrivain)

Personally I would recommend it quite highly

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: parking at the hilton -help with itinerary

I ate at Deanes afew weeks ago and it was good.

The RGB bar/restraunt at the park inn hotel has a good menu too the steak and chips were amazing. This is just across the street from Deanes.

The George st market Fri/Sat is very enjoyable

The City sightseeing tour is very informative.

The Belfast wheel has great views too.

Dublin
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: parking at the hilton -help with itinerary

thanks a million for all your help last day in work today cant wait

10. Re: parking at the hilton -help with itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Belfast