We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport transfer/taxi

Which Belfast hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
bristol
Level Contributor
400 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
airport transfer/taxi

visiting next weekend as there are 4 people i think it would be nearly as cheap & more convenient to get a taxi should i book it or will there be lots of taxis at same price £10 each way at george best city airport

Newtownards, United...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
7,885 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airport transfer/taxi

No probs getting a taxi, just go outside arrivals and take your pick.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
443 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airport transfer/taxi

Plenty of cabs outside the sirport terminal or you can prebook a taxi with value cabs on 02890809080 which will be slightly cheaper than the airport cabs.

Belfast
Level Contributor
128 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airport transfer/taxi

Hi

The Belfast City Airport Taxis which wait outside the terminal are pretty expensive. I understand it's because they each have to pay a £3 fee per cab to the airport, therefore they charge customers more.

I got one on at the weekend and thought they were very overpriced.

Just so i know, if you call another taxi firm such as value cabs, where do they pick you up and do you incurr any additional charges?

Belfast
Level Contributor
570 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airport transfer/taxi

Belfast City Airport recently introduced a £1 surcharge for taxis outside the terminal. As far as I know this has to be paid if you use one of the official cabs that are outside or if a pre-booked one is waiting to pick you up. So either way they will pass the cost onto you.

I would just get a taxi from the rank outside

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
443 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: airport transfer/taxi

If you order a Value Cab they will pick you up in the pick up point in the city airport car park area, when you leave the airport turn right and head towards the short stay car parks i'm sure it is sign posted, its no more than a 3 minute walk max!!

Belfast
Level Contributor
128 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: airport transfer/taxi

thanks for that, also if you get the train from sydenham station across from the airport, is there a fly-over to walk across that would get you there safely?

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
299 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: airport transfer/taxi

Jellybabe, When you arrive go to the information desk, tell them you want to catch the train into Belfast and they will phone the free shuttle bus to take you over to the train station. The bus drops you right at the over-pass, then it's just a matter of up and over to the station. The trains are pretty regular and you'll not wait too long. I used the train last week, much cheaper than a taxi and very quick. Hope this helps.

Belfast
Level Contributor
128 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: airport transfer/taxi

if you are arriving at the city aiport by train is it walkable to the airport? can you avail of the shuttle bus mentioned by the previous poster? thanks

Newtownards, United...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
7,885 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: airport transfer/taxi

You can go accross the footbrige and walk along the footpath at the side of the carriageway, but that's ok if you only have a small bag, no chance if you have suitcases, would take about 10 minutes to walk, i see people doing this all the time.

Belfast
Level Contributor
128 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: airport transfer/taxi

thanks, i'll just have a small bag with me so that'll be fine.

Is the area generally safe if you're on your own? It's just my flight gets in pretty late, thanks