We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

City Airport - any other parking options

Which Belfast hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Derry
Destination Expert
for Derry
Level Contributor
737 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
City Airport - any other parking options

Hi

We're catching a flight from George Best City Airport and will need to park for a few days. I just wondered if the on-site car park is definitely our only option. It seems quite expensive compared to the International Airport.

I just hoped there might be a cheaper off-site alternative, run by a private car park company?

Thanks

Belfast
Level Contributor
570 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: City Airport - any other parking options

I'm pretty sure there is no alternative. Dont think there is anyone like McCauslands or Cosmos like you get at the International.

Getting a taxi from the other side of Belfast and back is usually cheaper for us than using the car park. It is pricey

Belfast
Level Contributor
128 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: City Airport - any other parking options

Hi

I also looked into this recently and unfortunately couldn't find anything else, unlike the international where many private companies charge just £3 per day.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
443 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: City Airport - any other parking options

The city airport pretty much have a monopoly on the car parking and they charge what they want usually more than the price of your flight!!!

Groomsport, United...
Level Contributor
1,540 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: City Airport - any other parking options

an alternative might be to get the train to Sydenham (free shuttle to airport. I just used the pre-book and paid £9.57 for 48 hours.

5. Re: City Airport - any other parking options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2010, 05:25