We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long weekend in Belfast late in November

Which Belfast hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Isle of Wight...
2 posts
Save Topic
Long weekend in Belfast late in November

I am flying into Belfast on Friday 25th November and flying out again Monday evening 28th November.

I am planning to drive into Belfast and take a sightseeing tour during the afternoon, any suggestions for parking? I think the tours run from Castle Place.

I will then drive to my hotel in Carrickfergus.

What are the 'must dos' and 'don't bothers' if you only have a couple of days.

I certainly want to get up to the Causeway, but I assume the rope bridge will be closed.

cheers

Belfast
Level Contributor
570 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long weekend in Belfast late in November

From what I hear the bus tour is pretty good. There are also Black Taxi tours which are good. I took some American friends on this and they enjoyed it. You will see most of Belfast on either tour

There are multi storey car parks in Belfast e.g. the one at Castle Court shopping centre. They arent cheap and may be busy at the weekend as it would be getting close to Christmas by the time you are going, so you may have to queue if you arrive around lunchtime. I normally park on one of the side streets off Botanic Ave where its free and walk into the city if I am going to be in for a few hours. Its about 15 mins walk. Botanic Gardens and the Ulster Museum are off Botanic Ave. Both are free and are usually worth a visit.

A drive along the N Antrim coast to the Giants Causeway and beyond is well recommeded. I think the rope bridge is closed during the winter.

There are plenty of pubs and restuarants in Belfast. Im not sure about Carrickfergus. I dont go there very often but I presume there are enough pubs and places to eat there

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
837 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Long weekend in Belfast late in November

The open top bus tour that leaves from Castle Place is supposed to be good, I know some people who have been and they enjoyed it. I think you should just stick to the City Centre car parks it will be easier for you to find your way around, or if you have a good map and find your way about easily then you should park at the Odyssey Arena's car park its cheap.

While in Carrickfergus be sure to visit the castle its good. To eat out in Carrick I would recommend the Windrose or the restaurant in the Clarion Hotel (used to be the Quality hotel).

While you are heading round the coast to the Causeway you should stop off at Glenarrif, its in the 'Glens of Antrim', its a beautiful forest with lots of waterfalls, also stop off at Dunluce Castle its worth seeing.

Have a good time!

Pauline