We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deane's Deli Bistro or Deane's at Queens

Which Belfast hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Deane's Deli Bistro or Deane's at Queens

Hi everyone, heading to Belfast at the end of Feb for my birthday. I used to work in Belfast a few years ago and enjoyed eating out at some great restaurants. Also can't wait for pints in the Crown!

Anyway, we are staying at the Merchant Hotel the first night and eating there as part of a package rate. Looking for somewhere to eat on the second night - not too stuffy, fun but good food and decent wine list. Was thinking of trying one of Michael Deane's places - either the bistro on Bedford Street or Deane's at Queens. Can anyone advise which one is better, or even give alternative recommendations? I read on tripadvisor reviews that the service at Queen's wasn't great. Thanks in advance!

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Deane's Deli Bistro or Deane's at Queens

We went to a place across the road from where you are staying called-

2 Taps wine bar/restraunt. We had great tapas dishes and sangria.

We also had a good meal at Deane's another night-the one that was in the centre of belfast.

N. Ireland
Level Contributor
148 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Deane's Deli Bistro or Deane's at Queens

I would think twice about Deanes, read the reviews.

Dublin
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Deane's Deli Bistro or Deane's at Queens

Thanks for that. Any other suggestions for somewhere with good food and a good atmosphere?

N. Ireland
Level Contributor
148 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Deane's Deli Bistro or Deane's at Queens

You could try" Made in Belfast" for somewhere a little different

http://www.madeinbelfastni.com/

If you like seafood then thr Mourne Seafood Bar is one of the best.

Newtownabbey, N...
Level Contributor
24 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Deane's Deli Bistro or Deane's at Queens

Deanes is closed at the minute due to a Burst Pipe. It might reopen by the time you arrive here though.

Another vote here for Made in Belfast. The restaurant has lots of character and the service has been good when I've been. The food is nice and little additions like chips served in a tin cup and steak served on a wooden chopping board make it a little different to the norm. I'd recommend booking.

Ginger Bistro is also a nice little spot. The food is pretty tasty, and the deserts are fantastic.

Dublin
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Deane's Deli Bistro or Deane's at Queens

Thanks for the recommendations. Made in Belfast looks cool. I think we'll give it a go.

belfast
Level Contributor
91 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Deane's Deli Bistro or Deane's at Queens

Hi just to let you know if you want to book made in belfast do it now as I have had to book as much as a month in advance for a saturday night - if you cant get in there deffo try mourne seafood or cayenne before deanes

Have a lovely time - I have stayed in the merchant and its amazing!!

Dublin
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Deane's Deli Bistro or Deane's at Queens

Great, thanks a lot, just booked!

belfast
Level Contributor
91 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Deane's Deli Bistro or Deane's at Queens

Happy days enjoy!!x

10. Re: Deane's Deli Bistro or Deane's at Queens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2010, 05:16