We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which airport?

Which Belfast hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
West Virginia
Level Contributor
595 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
which airport?

We'll be flying into Belfast from London next May. We'll be staying at Roseleigh House, which is listed as being on Rosetta Park.

Is there any advantage into flying into Belfast International or Belfast City Airport when we arrive?

Thanks in advance.

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,367 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which airport?

Belfast City airport would be closer as you will probably want a taxi. Rosetta are is south Belfast.

The International airport is about 20 miles north of Belfast near Antrim. But there are regular shuttle buses into Belfast city centre from the International airport and you could take a taxi from there if you got a significantly better flight deal. But overall I would recommend the City Airport on this occasion.

Belfast, United...
Destination Expert
for Belfast
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which airport?

I would probably second everything ponaire has already said. Your flight options might be cheaper to the International (e.g. Easyjet) but it's much further away, which of course also means that the airport bus service is more expensive too (you can get more information at http://www.translink.co.uk). Plus you can still get reasonably priced flights from London to Belfast City if you book early enough, e.g. BMI or Flybe. Personally I would opt for the City airport in your situation but if there's a big difference in flight prices, the International isn't going to cause you too much extra fuss. Hope you enjoy your trip!

West Virginia
Level Contributor
595 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which airport?

Thank you very much!

Newtownards, United...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
8,081 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which airport?

Are you hiring a car ? if so, I would go for either airport depending on which route offered the cheapest fare, to be honest, it's not really that much of a drive to Rosetta Park from BIA.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
443 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which airport?

If you are getting a taxi the City Airport will be a lot cheaper. If you are getting a bus the City airport is £3 return and the international is £10 return into the city centre.

Hope you enjoy your trip.

6. Re: which airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2011, 06:18