We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

City Tour & Mount Stewart House Garden in a day ?

Which Belfast hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Penang Island...
4 posts
Save Topic
City Tour & Mount Stewart House Garden in a day ?

Hi all,

I will visit Belfast in April 2011, but just with limited time (2 full days).

Hope that someone can give me some advices.

My plan itenery:

Day 1 - Giant Causeway Tour (Allen Tour ? Mc Comb Tour?)

Day 2 - City Tour & Mount Stewart House Garden

For City Tour, I would interested more on murals & titanic.

I plan to take the hop on hop off seightseeting bus for this. And on the same day, I would like to visit Mount Stewart House Garden as well.

Could anyone advise me that am I have enough time to get this in one day ? Is the public transport from Belfast city to Mount Stewart House convenient ? (Ulsterbus #10?, how frequent is it?)

Thanks!

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
2,913 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: City Tour & Mount Stewart House Garden in a day ?

The "..." mean the bus does not go to those places.

If you look at a map of the peninsula, the direct buses go along the western coast of the peninsula directly to Greyabbey and pass Mount Stewart which is on the coast. Carrowdore is in the middle of the peninsula and therefore the buses which go to Carrowdore, Ballyblack etc do not pass Mount Stewart.

It would make more sense if Mount Stewart was listed as a stop in the timetable. The bus should pass Mount Stewart about 5 minutes before the arrival time for Greyabbey when coming directly from Newtownards.

Edited: 01 March 2011, 10:22
Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
6 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: City Tour & Mount Stewart House Garden in a day ?

If you are looking for Titanic things to visit in and around Belfast check the full list here:

the-titanic.com/Titanic-Today/Titanic-Tours.…

Hope you have some luck!

manchester, uk
Level Contributor
34 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: City Tour & Mount Stewart House Garden in a day ?

thanks for the very helpful info on this thread. I will be staying near to the europa bus station and wondered which bus I could take from there to get to mount stewart.

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,371 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: City Tour & Mount Stewart House Garden in a day ?

You will need to go to Laganside bus station. As far as I know, there is no connecting shuttle between the two bus stations (if there is, I hope someone will post it here as I have checked in the obvious places and can't find any mention of it). You can either walk (I reckon it would take15-20 minutes but have never actually walked it so I am guessing a bit) or get a taxi. The pdf file below includes a map to give you ideas of the location and distance.

discovernorthernireland.com/downloads/belfas…

Edited: 10 May 2011, 21:28
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
2,913 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: City Tour & Mount Stewart House Garden in a day ?

It's not worth the hassle of trying to get a bus between Europa and Laganside. Just walk. It's only around 15mins across the city centre.

16. Re: City Tour & Mount Stewart House Garden in a day ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 August 2011, 22:06
17. Re: City Tour & Mount Stewart House Garden in a day ?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 31 August 2011, 08:35
18. Re: City Tour & Mount Stewart House Garden in a day ?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 11:20
Get answers to your questions about Belfast