We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day hikes accessible from belfast europa bus station

Which Belfast hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manchester, uk
Level Contributor
34 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Day hikes accessible from belfast europa bus station

I am staying near Europa for a few days in July and would like to do some hiking in Ulster's lovely mountains. I can see that the Coastliner Newcastle and no doubt other services would get me to the vicinity but, despite a lot of searching, haven't been able to find any info on actual hikes that can be accessed by bus (either circular, or starting at one point and picking up another bus at the end. Can anyone give recommendations - 8 to 12 miles preferred?

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,372 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day hikes accessible from belfast europa bus station

http://www.walkni.com/

Have a look at this website - click on for example the medium walks and if any interest you, you will see some public transport options included. Some options will be harder without a car but there are possibilities there...

Or, if you want to explore the Mournes, go to County Down and scroll down all the options there.

Can't comment on any particular ones as we tend to just climb Donard along the Trassey Track or up from Donard Park etc.

During the summer, the Mournes Rambler operates which should help you.

translink.co.uk/Timetables/…

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
2,911 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day hikes accessible from belfast europa bus station

I suggest you take a bus to Newcastle and then use the Mourne Rambler service 405 which does a loop through the mountains several times a day:

translink.co.uk/Timetables/…

Trassey Track to Bloody Bridge, Silent Valley or Lough Shannagh path would all be nice one-way walks. Don't venture into the mountains without a OSNI Mourne 1:25000 map.

3. Re: Day hikes accessible from belfast europa bus station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 02:17