We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation for hen weekend

Aberdeen, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Accomodation for hen weekend

Can anyone advise if there are any self catering apartments available for a hen weekend (city centre based). Most of group would be in 30's but not sure of no's yet. If not then what hotels can be recommended in city centre that aren't too noisy but don't cost too much either.

Also can anyone recommend a good spa at reasonable cost.

Belfast, United...
Destination Expert
for Belfast
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation for hen weekend

I'm not sure about city-centre based, but the apartments at Malone Lodge are quite popular for hen parties/girlie weekends (in fact check out their 'Girls Packages' on the website in case any of those interest you) and they're only a short distance from the city centre:

malonelodgehotelbelfast.com/hotels-apartment…

I'm always a bit wary of booking private holiday rental apartments because there are just so many scams out there and you never know what you've actually got (if anything!) until you turn up. So if you can I would go with a hotel or apartments run by a hotel.

As for the alternative: city centre hotels. The Premier Inns are very well thought of and you can get good deals on rooms (from £29 a night). The one in the Cathedral Quarter would probably best suit a hen night of your age group (some really nice bars and restaurants in that area) but the Alfred Street one is very handy too. Alternatively the Park Inn or Ramada Encore could be good for your group. If you want to avoid noise I would stay away from the Days and Travelodge.

Spas... there are quite a few in Belfast but most of them are a little way out of the city centre (although easy to reach by bus or taxi) and some seem quite small, so it would depend how many of you are going as to whether they could fit you all in - you would need to contact them in advance and ask I think.

However, in the city centre there is the Merchant Hotel's spa, which is by all accounts amazing but it depends what your definition of "reasonable" is as to whether it's within your budget:

www.themerchanthotel.com/index.php/spa.html

Clarins in Victoria Square also has a spa. I can't find a list of their treatments/prices online but there are contact details for the store here, so you could call or email to ask:

houseoffraser.co.uk/belfast-department-store…

A little bit further out are the following:

http://www.thesecretdayspa.co.uk/

http://www.auradayspa.co.uk/

Hope you have a nice trip!

Lurgan, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation for hen weekend

I would go for the Premier Inn in Waring Street for location and price.It is very close to a lot of nice bars/clubs and just 50 metres from the Merchant Hotel.The Park Inn is a bit more expensive but has a good location behind City Hall and has it's own Spa facilities as well as a nice bar that serves good food.I agreed with the post to avoid the Days & Travelodge as it can be very noisy and not a great location.Enjoy yourselves.

Edited: 16 August 2011, 20:46
3. Re: Accomodation for hen weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 06:15