We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve in Belfast

Which Belfast hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hamburg, Germany
1 post
Save Topic
New Years Eve in Belfast

I would like to know where i can go in Belfast for the new years eve. I read that there had been no official events in public last year. But can i see somewhere a public firework. So, what i would like to know is, is there a official firework like in other cities for this year and where can i see it?

Thanks a lot in advance for the answers.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
2,767 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years Eve in Belfast

Where is the information about the fireworks as that might give us a clue?

Belfast, United...
Destination Expert
for Belfast
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years Eve in Belfast

Personally I'm not aware of any public fireworks displays on NYE in Belfast and there's nothing coming up on the Belfast City Council Events Calendar either. A lot of people have their own displays at private parties but to my knowledge that's usually about it.

Most locals I know prefer to spend NYE with their family and friends at home (which, judging by the lack of interest in any previous NYE celebrations in the city centre, seems to be generally the case), or if you're young, free and single, you might spend it in a bar or two. But as for any major public celebrations, it's not the norm.

Public fireworks displays in Belfast are usually held at the Odyssey Arena (e.g. for Halloween) but there's nothing on their listings for NYE either. I think you might be out of luck unfortunately, although if you happen to be in the city centre and somewhere around the Lagan river, you might be lucky enough to see other people's fireworks from around the city at a distance.

3. Re: New Years Eve in Belfast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 07:19