We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belfast international to city centre

Which Belfast hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
221 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Belfast international to city centre

Hi, i will be arriving at Belfast international airport next week and have to make my way to Callendar Street, i intend to get the airport express 300, is this possible? where would be the best stop to get off and is it easy to find my destination once off the bus?

Many thanks.

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Belfast international to city centre

It may well be the published route but many 300 buses come via Westlink,Divis st, and dont go through the city!

Belfast, United...
Destination Expert
for Belfast
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Belfast international to city centre

Sorry but you're wrong. The 300 certainly stopped on Royal Avenue and Donegall Place the last time I got it. Indeed it stopped at all the places mentioned on the timetable when people rang the bell to indicate they wanted to get off (just like any other bus). Likewise it also picks up at several stops in the city centre. It would be a bit of a useless bus if it just went straight to/from the Europa.

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Belfast international to city centre

Sorry, you guys are right, Its the night time service that omits the city center.

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,365 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Belfast international to city centre

Jambo - as you can see, this has prompted quite a bit of discussion and has actually been very useful! The translink website isn't clear so it is good to get consensus on this. Good question :)

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
221 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Belfast international to city centre

Thanks again, we got there in the end, i hope! I will ask the driver to advise on the stop nearest city hall and i should be sorted, one more question will i have any difficulty spending scottish banknotes or should i try and bring english ones with me?

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,365 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Belfast international to city centre

I know I have spent Scottish banknotes here with no problem although English would be the safer bet. As you probably know, we have our own Northern Irish banknotes over which tends to mean retailers are much more willing to take Scottish ones. If you can easily get English notes, it is probably the safest option.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Belfast international to city centre

There's no problem with Scottish, Channel Islands, Manx etc etc. If it says "Sterling" it won't be refused.

Belfast, United...
Destination Expert
for Belfast
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Belfast international to city centre

Yeah I get the occasional Scottish note in my change from shops and never have any problems with anyone accepting them either :-)

Also, the stop closest to the front of the City Hall is the Donegall Place stop I mentioned in my previous post (the one outside M&S). You won't be able to miss it and I doubt you'll be the only person getting off there anyway, but if you're concerned, do ask the driver and they'll probably be more than happy to let you know when you're in the right place.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
221 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Belfast international to city centre

Thank you all for your help, see you next week!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
221 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Belfast international to city centre

Trip went well with no hiccups thanks again for all the help and advice, was only there for the day with work but it looked a nice place and i will try and return for a short break soon.