We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

City Centre restaurant for Monday 23rd April

Which Belfast hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
City Centre restaurant for Monday 23rd April

I'm in Belfast with my husband celebrating my birthday and the two of us want to go to a nice restaurant on my actual birthday the 23rd in the evening. I've looked at the restaurant reviews on here and ones I've picked out as possibles most seem to be closed on Mondays. Can anyone recommend a good one for this special occasion, irish, british, italian, contemporary all possibles, no seafood, but certainly one that gets busy and would have a good atmosphere on a Monday night within walking distance of the city centre.

Thanks

Edited: 13 April 2012, 08:56
Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
814 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: City Centre restaurant for Monday 23rd April

If you want to splash out, I would says James Street South is the place to go. It's pricey, but open on Mondays!

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,115 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: City Centre restaurant for Monday 23rd April

For a cheeper option you could try Olio.

http://www.oliorestaurant.co.uk/home.php

On a Monday night Fibbers at Robinsons gets a good crowd, music starts about 9.30.

Edited: 14 April 2012, 18:30
Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: City Centre restaurant for Monday 23rd April

Anywhere in the Cathedral Quarter will be nice but Monday is fairly quiet. I'd go for The Potted Hen as there is always a buzz about it and I think (though double check) that the new Mac theatre nearby will be opening that week. Otherwise 4th Wall is nice or Hill Street Brasserie

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: City Centre restaurant for Monday 23rd April

Thank you for all your options. Plenty of menus to look through. Hill Street Brasserie was a choice but unfortunately it is closed on Monday according to their website.

Enniskillen, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: City Centre restaurant for Monday 23rd April

Benidicks at shaftbury square is a good spot on a Monday night they have a live music, and the grub is FANTASTIC at reasonable prices. If you go say between 5 and 7 you will get their beat the clock menu, This is a great spot.

This is a hotel aswell incase you arnt booked in anywere.

Have a great stay folks.

belfast
Level Contributor
91 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: City Centre restaurant for Monday 23rd April

Why not try Made in Belfast near city hall for something a little different and they are busy every night.

Just think some of the more "fine dining" options be very quiet on a Monday - although the potted hen woudl also get my vote! :)

Belfast, United...
Destination Expert
for Belfast
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: City Centre restaurant for Monday 23rd April

Another shout for Made in Belfast (one of my personal favourites). Also they offer cocktails for £3 on Mondays - Wednesdays and their espresso martini is hard to beat ;-)

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: City Centre restaurant for Monday 23rd April

Thanks for all your options.

Any Made in Belfast better than the other or are they pretty much similar?

Belfast, United...
Destination Expert
for Belfast
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: City Centre restaurant for Monday 23rd April

"Better" is a relative term - what's your deciding factor (price, atmosphere, food quality, portion size, uniqueness of the menu, choice on the wine menu...)? I like Made in Belfast because it's good quality food in an informal atmosphere but yet trendy and kooky (always something new to look at). If you're looking more for fine dining, James Street South is probably a better shout. Potted Hen is quite classy too, although not stuffily so. I've never been to Benedicts for food so I can't help there. I do like Olio too but I find it a bit soulless in comparison with the other restaurants mentioned.

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,364 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: City Centre restaurant for Monday 23rd April

Bridget - I think the poster meant was there a different between the two Made in Belfasts? I haven't been to either yet so can't comment but family visited the city hall one recently and were fairly impressed with it overall. They are quite quirky though e.g. you could be sitting on a computer chair or a pew...