We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting into town from Belfast Port

Singapore, null...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Getting into town from Belfast Port

Tomorrow I will be arriving in Belfast from Scotland via the Stena ferry from Cairnryan. The ferry is scheduled to arrive at the Stena ferry terminal at 21.45.

Can anyone advise which is the best way to get to the hostel from the Stena ferry terminal at such a time? The Stena website recommends a bus 96 but I see that the last bus is only at 18.00 or thereabout.

Also, the ticket I bought online is actually until Belfast Central, where the Belfast Port - Belfast Central leg is covered by "Transfer", with no bookings etc. Most of the ticket is covered by Scotrail, as I am travelling from Inverness to Glasgow, then transfer to Cairnryan before taking the ferry to Belfast. Will this include a free transfer to Belfast Central, or do I have to pay for one?

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,243 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting into town from Belfast Port

The 920 Cross channel will meet your ship at the exit door of stena. You may need to show your ticket to the driver but there is no charge . This bus will drop you at the Europa bus center not central station. You have not told us which Hostel.

Edited: 09 May 2012, 21:40
Singapore, null...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting into town from Belfast Port

Hi Bobby,

This was copied from an email I sent to the hostel I've booked, but it's no issue if there is a service bringing me to the Europa bus center! I think it's about 20 mins walk from the bus center to my hostel.

Thanks a lot!

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,040 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting into town from Belfast Port

If you are booked from Glasgow to Belfast by coach, the coach travels on the ferry and will take you to the Europa Bus Centre.

Singapore, null...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting into town from Belfast Port

I'm booked from Glasgow to Ayr by train, Ayr to Cairnryan by bus. I guess it's also counted as booking from Glasgow to Belfast by train/bus then.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,040 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting into town from Belfast Port

>>> I'm booked from Glasgow to Ayr by train, Ayr to Cairnryan by bus. I guess it's also counted as booking from Glasgow to Belfast by train/bus then. <<<

In that case, you are not on the Eurolines through coach, so I don't know what arrangements are made to get you from Belfast Ferryport to the City Centre.

I would assume that, failing all else, taxis would be available.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,583 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting into town from Belfast Port

< Ayr to Cairnryan by bus. >

It's a bus service provided by Stena to cover up the fact that Cairnryan is in the back of beyond

Belfast, United...
Destination Expert
for Belfast
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting into town from Belfast Port

It sounds a bit odd from your description - I would contact whoever you booked your ticket with to ask if a bus will be meeting the ferry to take you into the city centre. If not, there are taxis in a rank outside or you can call a local firm like Value Cabs (02890 809080) to pick you up - the latter would be a bit cheaper but you'll have to wait for them to arrive, so at that time of night it might be worth the extra couple of pounds to you just to be able to jump into a taxi outside and go straight away.

Santa Barbara, CA.
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting into town from Belfast Port

We are arriving by cruise ship to Belfast Port on May 20th. How can we get from cruise port to city?

We would like to explore as much as we can of area within timeframe we have and are not happy with what the cruise offers

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,384 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting into town from Belfast Port

This thread contains useful information. It's just under a year old so taxi costs shouldn't have changed too much but BobbyW is a cabdriver so will be fully up-to-date on latest costs and may well pick this up. It is easy to do your own thing and much cheaper I'm sure!

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186470-i491-k53…

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,243 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting into town from Belfast Port

Your ship Caribbean Princess should dock around 08.00 , Belfast visitor and Convention Bureau will have free shuttle buses into the city, which will drop you at the welcome center, this is also the pickup point to return to the ship.There is normaly reps from the all city tours at this point.

No one is every happy with princess tour prices( $199 per person for the causeway on a bus) book your own via Tripadvisor,Get your Guide,or Tours by Locals You will quarter your bill.

Edited: 17 March 2013, 19:17