We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flights

Belfast, United...
1 post
Save Topic
flights

We are traveling to Orlando via Newark and have listened to the radio on a regular basis saying the flight from Newark to Belfast is delayed by up to 2 hours on occasions, does this have a knock on effect on outward bound to Newark. We usually fly direct so I am slightly concerned as we are taking two under threes and don't want to be hanging around to much. Appreciate any advice or help (cheers) John

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
845 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flights

It would depend on the amount of the delay - I would imagine that if it's less than a couple of hours, there'd be no real knock on.

I'm hoping Bobby our resident taxi driver may be able to help out on this one?

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: flights

I flew on the Belfast to Newark flight a few weeks ago, in both directions.

Outbound we arrived in Newark half an hour early and returning to Belfast we were on time.

Depends on luck of the day I suppose. It will have an affect if there is a delay though. As I understand it is the same plane that arrives around 9.30 that heads back to Newark at 11.30, so any delay in arrival will push back the departure.

Edited: 19 July 2012, 11:53
North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,383 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flights

Funnily enough I heard this morning it was due at 9am and was delayed until 12noon.

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,241 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flights

Mike is right they use the inbound plane for the outbound flight and the crew just change over. So it would have to be a long delay to affect your outbound flight. Todays delay was exceptional.

Belfast
Level Contributor
495 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flights

I hear it announced most mornings on the radio but it's usually only 30-40 minutes delay . I travelled that route before with no delays. You might be fine.

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,383 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: flights

If you are on a through ticket to Orlando via Newark, the airline will have booked you on a flight which they believe is workable and outside the minimum transit time required.

If there is then a delay which causes you to miss your flight, the airline will be responsible for looking after you and getting you to your final destination.

Kids are resilient - my nephew who was under 2 had a 5 hour delay once due to the snow we had a few years ago and he coped really well. Take a few comics - maybe a new storybook - some colouring books and hopefully they will view it all as a big adventure!

7. Re: flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2013, 05:17