We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel

Paisley, Scotland...
6 posts
Save Topic
travel

Hi all I'm thinking of coming to Belfast.from Scotland next Feb but unsure if u need a passport?. Any help appreciated

Mentioned in this post
Belfast
Belfast
Northern Ireland, UK
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
Belfast
Level Contributor
2,493 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel

No you do not require a passport to travel to Belfast, But some Airlines do require a valid form of ID.

Mentioned in this post
Belfast
Belfast
Northern Ireland, UK
Paisley, Scotland...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: travel

Would photographic students card be acceptable?

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,493 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel

You need nothing for the Ferry, but do check with your airline about the student card.

Paisley, Scotland...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: travel

Going by ferry thanx 4 ur advice very much appreciated

Liverpool England
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travel

Double Check before you travel with the Ferry Company, Airlines definitley want a passport to let you board even though legally you dont need one for internal UK travel or to visit the irish republic for that matter.

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,493 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travel

johnsayers, I depends on the airline whether or not you need a passport some accept other forms of photo ID, so its not Definitely. But what is definite is you need no form of id for the ferry from Cairnryan to Belfast.

Mentioned in this post
Belfast
Belfast
Northern Ireland, UK
Liverpool England
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: travel

I am a belt & braces man, I would always check with the company I am travelling with.

8. Re: travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 20:19