We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belfast hotel in central, safe area...

Belfast hotel in central, safe area...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2016, 10:00
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Belfast hotel in central, safe area...

Anywhere in the city centre is safe as long as you have the basic street smarts you need in any city. However what does "reasonable" mean to you? The better lower priced hotels are the likes of Premier Inn (either Cathedral Quarter or Alfred Street), the Park Inn, the Jury's Inn or the Ramada Encore. Other places I don't personally like very much (for area or décor) but which others seem to like ok are the Days Hotel, Travelodge or the Ibis.

Mentioned in this post
Cathedral Quarter
Cathedral Quarter
698 Reviews
Belfast, UK
North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,391 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Belfast hotel in central, safe area...

Agree with BridgetJones - premier inn would get my vote.

I stayed in Days a few years ago and it was ok but very basic and is close to Sandy Row which isn't the prettiest part of town. Ibis is new and gets good reviews but the premier inns to me win outright on location as well as being good value. Travelodge doesn't inspire me at all and I think it could be noisy at the weekends.

Mentioned in this post
Sandy Row
Sandy Row
80 Reviews
Belfast, UK
Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Belfast hotel in central, safe area...

Park Inn, Ten Square, Madison's, Benedicts, Duke's at Queen's.

Mentioned in this post
Ten Square
Ten Square
1,356 Reviews
Belfast, UK
UK
Level Contributor
82 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Belfast hotel in central, safe area...

Any of the premier inn's are good, although my personal favourite is Tara Lodge which is a bit smaller but of excellent quality :)

Mentioned in this post
Tara Lodge
Tara Lodge
2,731 Reviews
Belfast, UK
Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
11,019 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Belfast hotel in central, safe area...

I stayed at the Travelodge and can say there was no noise from traffic.

It was well located and close to several good bars such as Crown liquor Bar and Fibber Magees.

Got it at a bargain price. Like all Travelodges it was fairly basic but clean and comfortable.

Graham

Mentioned in this post
Fibber Magees
Fibber Magees
240 Reviews
Belfast, UK
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Belfast hotel in central, safe area...

The noise at the Travelodge isn't from traffic so much as from Robinson's Bar out the back. I speak from personal experience. However if you ask for a room on the other side or if you're a party person who'll be up til 1am anyway, it might not be so bad. I would still much prefer the Premier Inns for the same price though to be honest.

7. Re: Belfast hotel in central, safe area...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2016, 10:00
North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,391 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Belfast hotel in central, safe area...

That's a good enough deal. I have stayed there - ok it's a couple of years ago now but I was very impressed. Great location, comfortable and great staff.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Belfast hotel in central, safe area...

That's great - I do really like that hotel actually. We've had family stay there during their visits and it's so handy.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Belfast hotel in central, safe area...

Excellent choice Susebaxter.

My daughter.....20,s.....stayed there twice on her own when in Belfast for interviews and loved the hotel.Good restaurant in the hotel for breakfast or grill room type meals.

Safe area , very close to shops and beside the ritzy Merchant hotel....worth a visit.