We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belfast (Taxi, Titanic, giant's causeway, carrick bridge)

Which Belfast hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
6 posts
Save Topic
Belfast (Taxi, Titanic, giant's causeway, carrick bridge)

Hi there!

My friend and I are in our late 20s and traveling to Belfast in late May. We wanted to do a Black Taxi Tour, the Titanic experience, Giant's causeway, and carrick-a-rede bridge. Any suggestions on the best way to see all of this? We are coming into Belfast from Dublin on Saturday and will have the afternoon to do things (black taxi tour and Titanic?) Sunday we were thinking to do the Giant's Causeway and Carrick-a-Rede bridge. We want to avoid bus tours if possible, so is this something we could do by public transportation even though its a Sunday? Is this too much to for one day? We're also open to renting a car if that would be easier, but again it would be on a Sunday.

Next we were thinking about heading towards Killarney or Doolin areas (Sunday night or early Monday morning if that makes a difference). Is there a way we could go straight there from Belfast or would it be better to head back to Dublin and do more in that area before heading West?

Thanks for the help!

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Belfast (Taxi, Titanic, giant's causeway, carrick bridge)

You can do both the Cabtour and Titanic on Saturday afternoon on sweat, its whether or not you bring a hire car up from Dublin, If you check out on Sunday and head to the causeway via the A2 Coast rd you will be able to stop when you like and take in places you wont see on any bus tour, public or private. You could then overnight in L/Derry( The city of culture 2013) and on Monday head down west to Doolin via the north west route N15 ,N17 which will take you through Counties Donegall,Letrim ,Sligo,Roscommon,Mayo,Galway and into Clare.

Edited: 04 March 2013, 08:33
Belfast, United...
Destination Expert
for Belfast
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Belfast (Taxi, Titanic, giant's causeway, carrick bridge)

Taxi tour and Titanic should work ok, although it depends what time your afternoon starts really. Most people say to allow at least 2 hours for the Titanic Experience and a taxi tour would probably last about that long too (I think - Bobby?).

Public transport to the Causeway is sparse at the best of times but abysmal on a Sunday. Personally I wouldn't even attempt it. I'd much rather a bus tour or to hire a car and DIY.

Can't comment on the other question as I don't know the south at all.

Have a good trip!

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Belfast (Taxi, Titanic, giant's causeway, carrick bridge)

Bridget, yes they last around 90mins so by the time you allow for pickup and dropoff its 2hrs, Get your driver to drop you at the Titanic, most drivers will not charge you for this.

Edited: 04 March 2013, 11:11
Houston, Texas
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Belfast (Taxi, Titanic, giant's causeway, carrick bridge)

Thanks for the great advice! Is there a good way to use public transportation to get from Belfast to Doolin or Kilarney? It looks like there's a bus that gets us to Galway at least.

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Belfast (Taxi, Titanic, giant's causeway, carrick bridge)

Your best bet would be to get the Express bus to Dublin Airport and board another Express to Galway which would take around 5 hrs, Do not get the Belfast to Galway service 271 it goes via the midlands and takes about 7 hrs.

You could also go by train again via Dublin but you will have to change stations in the city, it would be just as long as the bus and a lot more expensive

6. Re: Belfast (Taxi, Titanic, giant's causeway, carrick bridge)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2014, 05:19