We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended B&B South Belfast and hop-on-hop off bus tour

Which Belfast hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
428 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Recommended B&B South Belfast and hop-on-hop off bus tour

I am looking for recommendations on B&B's in South Belfast (possibly around the Botanic Gardens or University area for this July)?? We will have a car, but will prolably want to walk into town.

Also does anyone have any thoughts on the Belfast sightseeing bus. Is it Hop-on Hop off??

What is the Cost, and is it worth it??

Belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
1,547 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended B&B South Belfast and hop-on-hop off bus tour

HI,

Have a look at this site for some B&B's

gotobelfast.com/wheretostay/…Accomm Cat_Key/4/level/page/category_key/196/Page_Key/266/parent_key/0/type/Page/PaGeName/B&B (take spaces out of link its too long to post)

There are lots around university area.

The tourist bus is £9 and my friends from England went on it last year and said it was good. I keep meaning to though!

There are also black taxi tours you can do, im not sure on the cost but there are plenty of topics on them on this forum.

Hope this helps and actually when are you coming in July???

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
428 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended B&B South Belfast and hop-on-hop off bus tour

Thanks

We will be arriving there the July 21 and be leaving for the North coast July 23.

Belfast, Northern...
Level Contributor
1,547 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended B&B South Belfast and hop-on-hop off bus tour

Thats fine, just checking it wasnt over the 12th & 13th July as lots of places are closed then for the parades.

Belfast
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommended B&B South Belfast and hop-on-hop off bus tour

Hi

Don't know if you're still checking for replies, but just in case, I thought I'd give you a bit of up-to-date info.

Just went on the bus trip last friday. The price has gone up to £10 per head, but it is hop on hop off, and the tickets are valid for 24 hours. If you're staying near the university/malone road area you could use it to get into town, and save on bus fare!

The trip we were on was great. lasted about an hour and a quarter, and it really flew by. The commentary was interesting - covered history, culture and politics, and came across as well balanced. You get a good look at the murals on both Falls and Shankhill, as well as City Centre and titanic territory.

The other trip that might be worth thinking about is the boat trip on the Lagan. It's good crack too. You can check them out on www.laganboatcompany.com

5. Re: Recommended B&B South Belfast and hop-on-hop off bus tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 10:38