We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planned w/e in Belfast

Croydon, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Planned w/e in Belfast

Two (or poss 3) of us are planning a 3 night trip to Belfast end June. I have several questions if anyone can help.

1stly which airport would be a better choice int or city re travelling to & from the city?

2. visiting the Titanic Quarter is a big part of the trip so we don't want to stay too far away, but I understand there isn't much else in the actual area so somewhere more central would probably be a good idea, is this correct?

3. We just want somewhere to lay our heads so aren't after anything 'posh' in the way of hotel, any recommendations

that's all I can think of at the mo. would appreciate any assistance Thanks

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,387 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planned w/e in Belfast

Here's my tuppenceworth

1) City Airport is closer but it honestly isn't a big deal. There is a regular bus service between Belfast International Airport and the Europa Bus Station. If you want to get a taxi, then City Airport would definitely be cheaper. But personally I'd go with the best flight re price/times/ease for you.

2) Yes. If you do a HOHO tour the Titanic is one of the stops and I believe at least one of the HOHO bus company offers a 48 hour ticket so that is a good way to get you to the Titanic area and you can finish off later in the day by completing the circuit on the bus.

In any case Belfast is a compact city so easy to get around by bus and you can cover quite a bit by foot also.

3) I like the Premier Inn, Cathedral Quarter. I've stayed there and like it. The one in Alfred Street is another good budget option.

Edited: 02 May 2013, 19:08
Belfast, United...
Destination Expert
for Belfast
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planned w/e in Belfast

My two cents, although they're very similar to ponaire's!

1) City is closer so you'll spend less time and money travelling between the airport and the city centre, but the international is also easily accessible with the airport bus and flights to the Intl are often cheaper. I would probably just weigh up your flight options with cost, suitable timings, convenience at your side, etc and go with the best option that way.

2) Very true. Luckily the Titanic Quarter is only a 10-30 minute walk from the city centre (depending where you start from) and there are also bus/taxi options, so it's not a big inconvenience to stay elsewhere and travel there when you need to.

3) I also think the Premier Inns are among the best value for money in the city centre. Either the Alfred St one or Cathedral Quarter are great - close to shopping, bars, restaurants and transport links. The Cathedral Quarter one is probably slightly more convenient to the Titanic Quarter and has more trendy bars and restaurants nearby, whereas the Alfred St one is closer to public transport links and in a quieter street (although still only a short walk from bars, restaurants, etc).

Croydon, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planned w/e in Belfast

thanks both I was already loking at Prem Inn but good to also have a recommendation, will prob be back with mor questions once things firm up bit

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
36 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planned w/e in Belfast

I agree with the airport advice. I have also stayed at Alfred Street Premier Inn which is excellent but have also stayed at the Europa on two occassions, it is also very central and not too much dearer than the Prem Inn.

5. Re: Planned w/e in Belfast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2014, 05:16