We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

920 Belfast to London

Which Belfast hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tyrone, Northern...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
920 Belfast to London

Anybody use this route before? If so, are the coaches comfortable eniugh to sleep on overnight? And once you're off the shuttle and on to the coach is that the last change before london?

Thanks,

Pj

Tyrone, Northern...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 920 Belfast to London

Sorry, just to clarify, that's the translink 920 service, and I mean once you're on the coach for thr ferry at Belfast terminal.

Thanks

Belfast, United...
Destination Expert
for Belfast
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 920 Belfast to London

Once upon a time I used to travel on that service pretty regularly, but thankfully only as far as Manchester. The coaches are, well, they're your standard coach. If memory serves it doesn't matter if you book with Translink, Eurolines or National Express, it's all the same service and the same kind of coach - not particularly comfortable but not the worst. I could only ever sleep when I was completely exhausted, but otherwise it was often quite stuffy and if the coach is full you might end up with a stranger beside you for hours upon end. The last time I did this (and it was my final straw) the toilet was so disgusting that I couldn't use it, which is very inconvenient when you're on a bus for hours at a time, but maybe I was just unlucky. The reason I stopped using the service really was that flying became so cheap that there wasn't much difference in price, and to me it was worth the extra £20 or whatever it was for the convenience of being there in a couple of hours rather than wasting days of my life on a bus. But it's whatever works for you really.

Oh and regarding stops and changes, it varied for me depending on what time I booked and going by the info I saw when I did a fake booking there, it still works the same way. Oh, by shuttle do you mean the ferry by the way? Regardless, there was often a change in Carlisle, then a stop or a change in Manchester and, if you're London-bound, I think there was one in Birmingham as well. If you put your dates into the page below and click the 'Find coach fare' button, it will show you the various options available, and if you click 'View' under the Details column it shows you where you'll stop and/or change.

translink.co.uk/Services/…

Tyrone, Northern...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 920 Belfast to London

Hi, thanks for your reply. I'd be travelling with my better half so hopefully the person beside me shouldn't be an issue. We'd want to be in London around 9 or 10 on the day we arrive, and leave in the evening on the day we go, and I forget the numbers but the extra costs of early flights for two + rail transfers (peak return leg) makes it a significant saving.

Never occurred to me that national express would do the service too, I'll take a look and see what they say about it and how their fares compare.

Belfast, United...
Destination Expert
for Belfast
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 920 Belfast to London

Like I say, it's the same service. If you find a fare on the Translink link above, it takes you to the National Express website to complete the booking. In theory the prices should be the same - it's the same bus after all! :-)

5. Re: 920 Belfast to London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2014, 07:18