We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel choice

bristol
Level Contributor
28 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel choice

Hi I have been to Belfast twice before and stayed in the Europa and a holiday inn. This time I'm looking to celebrate my 32nd birthday and would like to try somewhere more upmarket. Possibly the fitzwilliam? I'd be grateful for any advice, I'd like to be centrally located so we can walk to bars and restaurants.

Thanks

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel choice

The Fitzwilliam is great. If you really want to splash out you could look into the Merchant. Some other options might be Ten Square and the Malmaison. All are central. Ten Square is right behind City Hall, so it's literally in the middle of everything. The Merchant and Malmaison are in the trendier Cathedral Quarter, with lots of bars and restaurants nearby.

Mentioned in this post
Ten Square
Ten Square
1,360 Reviews
Belfast, UK
Malmaison
Malmaison
1,517 Reviews
Belfast, UK
City Hall
City Hall
3,525 Reviews
Belfast, UK
Cathedral Quarter
Cathedral Quarter
699 Reviews
Belfast, UK
2. Re: Hotel choice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 June 2013, 14:05
Edited: 25 June 2013, 14:05
Belfast
Level Contributor
2,491 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel choice

The Fitzy good and if you shop around online you can get a good deal.i shall also add 2 more to Bridgets list.

Hilton and Radisson Blu, both are 5 mins walk to city hall

N.Ireland
Level Contributor
54 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel choice

I would also recommend the fitzwilliam or malmaison which is a favourite of mine. There is just something special about the rooms in malmaison, for a lot cheaper than the merchant. Although on that note I would recommend staying in Malmaison and going afternoon champagne tea in the merchant, which is fabulous and certainly a great treat.

Mentioned in this post
Malmaison
Malmaison
1,517 Reviews
Belfast, UK
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel choice

I like the look of the Radisson Blu but in reality it's more like 10 minutes of a walk to the City Hall than 5, and then even further to areas like the Cathedral Quarter. If you don't mind a bit of walking it's certainly a nice hotel but if weather or mobility are not on your side, or if you'll be carrying a lot of bags, a more central hotel might be better suited.

Mentioned in this post
City Hall
City Hall
3,525 Reviews
Belfast, UK
Cathedral Quarter
Cathedral Quarter
699 Reviews
Belfast, UK
6. Re: Hotel choice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2014, 06:19