We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel time&options from Belfast City airport to US embassy

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travel time&options from Belfast City airport to US embassy

I have an appointment for visa interview at US Embassy next week. My flight arrives in Belfast city airport **one hour** before my appointment. US Embassy website shows that the embassy is around 10miles from the airport. Can I rely on public transport till Europa center and then hire taxi to embassy, or is it advisable to take a taxi directly from airport. How much time n fare it might take if I opt for a direct taxi from airport. Cheers, Kris

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,523 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel time&options from Belfast City airport to US embassy

Question has been addresses previously:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186470-i491-k54…

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,375 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel time&options from Belfast City airport to US embassy

The fare in a taxi will be about £12 -£15 dependent on traffic and take about 20mins. With such a short time window i would go straight for a cab being late might cost you a visa.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel time&options from Belfast City airport to US embassy

But this thread discusses about Belfast Intl airport and my question was about Belfast city airport

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel time&options from Belfast City airport to US embassy

Thanks Bobby, I think I will opt for a taxi direct from the airport to the embassy.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,523 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel time&options from Belfast City airport to US embassy

Sorry about the wrong airport. I did think that question had been asked before.

Using public transport you would need to take the airport bus 600 (goes every 20 min) to Europa and then metro 8b, but too tight to be certain within the hour especially as you are not sure where you are going, so a taxi would be advisable. Make sure the driver goes via Ormeau Embankment as this will be the fastest route especially if there is some traffic.

You could easily return using the bus and spend some time in the city centre.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel time&options from Belfast City airport to US embassy

I would agree, just take the taxi straight there.

7. Re: Travel time&options from Belfast City airport to US embassy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2014, 06:16