We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belfast Accomodation best suited for family advise please

Dublin
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Belfast Accomodation best suited for family advise please

Hi

we are a family of 5, 3 kids - 8,6,& 4 years of age hoping to travel to Belfast city. We are looking to visit the Titanic Museum & W5, we plan to stay 1 night so we get to see & do as much as possible. The Premier Inn Cathedral Quarter is very good value for us, I am wondering if this the best option for us as I feel it maybe overkill staying down at the docklands around the museums, or am I right?

Not familiar with the city and we would like to visit a restaurant close by to the hotel, wondering if Made in Belfast, is worth a visit and if its within walking distance from the hotel?

Also the hotel does not have a car park, but there is an assigned one around the corner, we can park there all day & night on sunday for £5, but once into Monday morning it goes onto an hourly rate so not sure if its better to park at the museums for less.

Also interested in visiting Holywood, any family attractions recommended? Also would it be worth considering staying here and getting a bus in?

Many Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Holywood
Holywood
County Down, UK
Belfast
Level Contributor
528 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Belfast Accomodation best suited for family advise please

The Premier in Cathedral Quarter is ideal and is not at the docklands but actually in the centre close to all the attractions. You might be getting mixed up with the Premier Inn at Titanic Quarter which is more isolated at the Odyssey although still walkable into the centre and close to the things you want to see.

I would choose PI Cathedral Quarter as it is in better location for shops and restaurants. Made in Belfast is only a few minutes walk away though may not be great for young children. They might enjoy the restaurants around Victoria Square. It's not my thing but Cosmo gets good reviews as an all you can eat restaurant there. There's also pizza, Chinese, burger restaurants there.

Holywood is a nice town but I wouldn't stay there. In fact as you don't have much time I would skip it unless you have a particular reason to visit.There are no hotels so you would have to B&B there.

Mentioned in this post
Cathedral Quarter
Cathedral Quarter
698 Reviews
Belfast, UK
Holywood
Holywood
County Down, UK
North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,391 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Belfast Accomodation best suited for family advise please

With only one night, you could stay in the premier inn titanic quarter as it's close to your main attractions. But yes, cathedral quarter is closer to shops and city centre.

Have a read at princessofgenovia's recent trip report with a young family for some good ideas.

I think horizon2006 is maybe based around the holywood area so will hopefully pick that up. If you'd more time I would suggest going to the ulster folk and transport museum at cultra which isn't far from Holywood but you could spend a day there as there is so much to see!

Mentioned in this post
Holywood
Holywood
County Down, UK
3. Re: Belfast Accomodation best suited for family advise please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2014, 05:18