We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how can i get to Giant's causeway?

Ottawa, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
how can i get to Giant's causeway?

Hi, i am planning a trip next april to ireland and my first stop is Giant's causeway,

Idealy i would rent a car, but i am 21 and i dont have my full drivers liscence. so i am looking into buses or train, and ways to move when i get there, i'd like to stay a couple of days, so if theres a public transport it would be great but if not, how can i move around?

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how can i get to Giant's causeway?

Where are you flying into and out of? Are you staying in the North are you including the Republic?

Edited: 04 August 2013, 17:22
North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,388 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how can i get to Giant's causeway?

Hi. Unfortunately the Causeway Rambler bus which is a good, cheap way of moving between towns and key sites doesn't operate in April so you have two options: 1) take a day tour from Belfast (assuming that's your starting point) or 2) if you are able to overnight, go by public transport to the north coast e.g. Train or bus to Portrush and then use local bus/taxi/walk to move around.

Edited: 04 August 2013, 22:54
3. Re: how can i get to Giant's causeway?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2014, 06:19