We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels near PRONI

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels near PRONI

I have tried without success to book two different hotels (Premier Inn & Ramada) for two different nights for next May, and they are both fully booked, I thought I was booking in lots of time. Can anyone suggest any other good hotels within walking distance of PRONI\Titanic quarter. Thanks for any suggestions.

Edited: 02 September 2013, 22:04
North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,391 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels near PRONI

Seems strange. There may be a major concert on.

The Hilton isn't too far?

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels near PRONI

I see plenty of availability every day in May 2014 in the Premier Inn Titanic Quarter (which is literally across the road from PRONI). Perhaps worth trying again?

Mentioned in this post
Premier Inn Belfast Titanic Quarter Hotel
Premier Inn Belfast...
2,258 Reviews
Belfast, UK
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels near PRONI

Not sure what I am doing wrong, but got the same message, from the Premier, not available for selected dates, trying for the 6th when we arrive in NI, and the 11th when we leave. I really wanted this one, nice and close the airport too, may just give them a call.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels near PRONI

Bicycle race May 10-12, just my luck, better book something now.

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,391 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels near PRONI

Ah - that Giro d'Italia. I remember an announcement at the time but wouldn't have remembered the dates.

Strange that even some dates before 10th are booked - must be one heck of an event!

Definitely looks like you're right to book now. It looks as if all the Premier Inns in the city centre are booked around those dates but you will find something. Come back to us if you need any help as it looks like you may end up having to get a bus/train to PRONI area. Belfast is a small city so you will be ok:)

Edited: 03 September 2013, 07:39
Mentioned in this post
Belfast
Belfast
Northern Ireland, UK
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels near PRONI

It's strange, I really do see availability for your dates. Perhaps it's the number of people per room that's the issue? I did a fake booking for 2 adults in 1 room and it was fine. This probably won't paste with great formatting but when I do a fake booking this is the final page before payment:

Stay summary

Hotel: Belfast Titanic Quarter

Arrival date: Tue 6 May 2014

Departure date: Sun 11 May 2014

Nights: 5

Rooms: 1

Rate: Premier Flexible*

Room requirements

Room Adults Children Cot Room type

1 2 0 No Double

*Amend or cancel up to 1:00 pm on day of arrival

Total price £522 Book now..No, go back to the rate calendar

Search againView price breakdown

Date Premier Saver Premier Flexible

Tue 6 May £99.00 £102.00

Wed 7 May £99.00 £102.00

Thu 8 May £99.00 £102.00

Fri 9 May £105.00 £108.00

Sat 10 May £105.00 £108.00

Total 5 nights 1 rooms £507.00 £522.00

Mentioned in this post
Belfast
Belfast
Northern Ireland, UK
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels near PRONI

I am just booking double. Are you on the Premier Inn website? still can't get anything. Anyway, starting to rethink the NI leg of my UK trip, might try to re-arrange and come at the end of my trip, I was going to come to NI first. I'm thinking this is going to be a big event, crowds etc. and not really into cycle races. Thanks everyone, can't understand why you can book though LOL, bugging me. This event will be great for the economy as well. We had a minor race here a few years ago, and the crowds were massive.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels near PRONI

Ok figured it out, try to book for one night, won't let you. I want two one night stays. I guess they are saving the rooms for longer stays, ie 5 nights. They obviously know they will get the rooms filled by people staying right in Belfast.

Mentioned in this post
Belfast
Belfast
Northern Ireland, UK
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels near PRONI

Ah I see, yes there does seem to be a minimum 2 night stay at that time (strange, I've never seen that before!).

Ok, I'm now looking at the Malmaison instead. It's just across the river from PRONI (about a 10 minute walk). It's a lovely hotel and at at the moment there are double rooms on both 6th and 11th May for £79 prepaid or £99 flexible.

I'm not into cycle races either and it does seem that day 2 of the race (11th May) will be between the Titanic Quarter and the City Hall, so there might be a little disruption that day, but obviously the details haven't been finalised at this stage. Don't worry about the crowds too much though - we recently hosted the World Police and Fire Games with around 7,000 athletes plus their families/friends/spectators in the city at once, and everything ran very smoothly. The queues were a little longer in Titanic Belfast but nothing we couldn't cope with. Don't let it put you off too much if it upsets your plans.

Mentioned in this post
Malmaison
Malmaison
1,514 Reviews
Belfast, UK
City Hall
City Hall
3,518 Reviews
Belfast, UK
Titanic Belfast
Titanic Belfast
17,684 Reviews
Belfast, UK
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels near PRONI

Thanks for the additional info, was also looking at Jury's inn, a little farther away, but near some nice old pubs I see LOL. Waiting for an answer from the hotel I have booked in Portrush to see if they would charge me for changing my dates. Decisions, decisions. Twenty years ago I would have been up for partying with rowdy athletes, like a quieter life now LOL. Thanks again for the other hotel suggestion.

Mentioned in this post
Portrush
Portrush
County Antrim, UK